Does this look classic?

UPDATE: I am remaking it, will most likely post pictures of final product here!

I’m making a london tube type underground system, and here’s one of our trains. It’s based on the 1996 Tube Stock, except not everything is accurate, and I tried to make it classic.

Does this look somewhat classic? Would you be able to picture it in a stud world?

23 Likes

Maybe it needs to be a bit more blocky? The studs are perfect though!

But that is just my opinion, I like it!

4 Likes

im pretty sure they don’t mean classic roblox, but idk for sure‏‏‎ ‎:P

2 Likes

I do, lol.

I use trees like this for example

4 Likes

It looks great but to make it classic ou should try removing some details and use more of the stud, weld etc texture through out. As well as making stuff more blocky.

2 Likes

oh, alr. in that case i think there’s just way too much detail. things like the roof of the train shouldnt be as rounded, and there are certain parts of it that are really small (pretty sure the minimum size was 0.2 studs in 2017). other than the brick texture in a few places, i wouldnt have realized you were going for a classic roblox look. on the other hand, it still looks really good for a normal train :3

3 Likes

So less detail in the driver’s cab for example?

2 Likes

Yes, and overall as well, like remove the curved roof, rather make it look more blocky. You could keep the detail but just try removing the decal texts and stuff as it seems to be too much for a retro/classic style. Again, good job! It looks realllllly cool and O wanna see how this game ends up!

4 Likes

Yeah I think its a bit too curved. However if I get rid of the curved roof, it doesn’t look like what I’m basing it off.

Guess I have to find the balance between detailed and classic. Thanks for the feedback!

4 Likes

You could keep it curved but maybe just make it into a 45 or 60 degree angle with 3 parts only.

3 Likes

Yes that was my idea too. I might have to remake it.

Here’s the thing in real life, for reference, just so you know.

2 Likes

Hmmm… I see. Well I guess just use 3 or 4 parts to give it that curved look. You could also go off reference. There isn’t anything about going off reference.

3 Likes

The scenery truly is breathtaking, isn’t it? The trees have a nostalgic touch, reminiscent of 2017—a year that many remember fondly. It’s as if nature has captured the essence of that time, bringing it to life once again for us to enjoy. The lush greenery, the way the branches sway gently in the breeze, all contribute to a sense of serene beauty that harks back to simpler times. It’s amazing how landscapes can evoke such strong memories and emotions, transporting us back to moments we cherish.

lmao

3 Likes

How dare you forget the important power poles in the background providing the crucial energy the citizens need throughout the nation?!

:rage:

3 Likes

The towering power poles that stand prominently in the background are a testament to the incredible infrastructure that provides essential energy to citizens across the nation. These structures, often unnoticed in daily life, play a vital role in powering homes, businesses, and public services, ensuring that the rhythm of the country’s heartbeat never misses a beat. Their presence is a constant reminder of the amazing feats of engineering that keep the lights on and the wheels of progress turning.

3 Likes

Jesus Christ. You did a really good job integrating the classic feel. All it needs is more studs!

3 Likes

Where do you reckon I should add more?

2 Likes

Any flat panel that is exposed to the player.

3 Likes

Is this better?

Actually yeah, I’m remaking it, I just noticed the entire shape of my previous model is not accurate at all lmao.

2 Likes

Hey, First amazing detail in the London tube. Second, I think when I played Roblox back in 2012 - a lot of people would use rectangular shape - including the tube (more blocky than curved back then). Though I think it’s going to be hard since I do remember a lot of designs back then relied on one long part + decal which is probably the easiest solution to making it classic.

2 Likes