Does this small low-poly forest look good?

Ello!

I’ve been building for a couple of years now on ROBLOX, however Low Poly is one the hardest thing to do. I’m a man of details, and making Low Poly is very hard for me, due to lack of details/reality.

How would you rate the small map i’ve made? Rating from 1 to 10.
A 10 Being Death Run 2 quality, and a 1 being Minecraft.

Image 1

Image 2

It really isn’t alot of a forest, It’s more of a brush area, If it were bigger with trails, lowpoly wildlife like animals, butterflies, maybe some random logs, Stuff like that! 7/10

1 Like

3/10

Would suggest changing the colors and I think it would improve it a lot just by doing that (it looks fine rn but still not the best colors imo) also are the brick/stone walls supposed to be? oh ya and make the bush round since it just doesn’t fit the theme
also would be 8/10 if you change colors and bushes

1 Like

Rating builds from x/10 is against the forum rules. Just asking for a quick rating on your build is considered as spam.

Trying to achieve a low poly forest isn’t hard to achieve you just need the basic elements. It can be created with using smooth plastic - vibrant colors, lighting to make the color pop. In my opinion the forest is quite simple and it doesn’t scream a cartoony approach:

The number of trees in the environment could be decreased with variety of tree types to make it more forest-like if you gather a few reference images. It needs more variation in the trees as that can improve it. You could try expanding the land so you could add bits of details to improve the scene. After all it could use some more work!

Yes, it is somewhat considered spam but there are ways you can neglect that.
@HeadlessDeathSpeaker I would suggest adding something like this if you are looking into ratings.

Rate My Low-Poly Forest!

0 voters

I believe you are looking for feedback. I think feedback is way more important than ratings.

Personally, I would give you 7/10
The trees look so similar both in size and shape and there isn’t a lot of bushes.
Try changing the color to add more variety.
You can make the trees larger since forest trees are usually very large and there would be a lot of bushes and a more hilly terrain. You can add a hill mesh to it.

This is something similar I found. If possible try adding logs on the floor and leaves.
Always follow the reference picture as it is incredibly helpful.

Reference picture (examples)

1 Like