Does too many meshes kick you out of the game?

Hey there,

So recently, one of my game has a lot of meshes, and uncommonly you’ll get kicked when you attempt to play.
My scripter says it’s probable that the issue derives from the high quantity of meshes.

Is this true? If so, what’s the limit?
The kicking is very random per server, happens out of a 1/8 chance.

1 Like

What is likely happening is Roblox is crashing due to high memory usage. This could be from meshes, or other stuff. To try and find out what is causing it, press Shift+F9 to bring up the Dev console and look through client memory or server memory to see if meshes are using up too much memory.

Or if it is not meshes causing the server to crash, the dev console will hopefully show you what is happening to cause the crash.

4 Likes

Right, here’s what I got. What should I do?
My scripter says it’s possibly kicking you out right as you join because it crashed from loading too many assets.

1 Like

GraphicsTexture and PhysicsParts tells me there a lot of stuff in there. If you want to have your game available on mobile I’d recommend keeping under 600mb of PlaceMemory in a full server of players since that’s about the ceiling for the iPhone 5 before it crashes (you’re at 617 right now, shoot for 500 if you can). That can even be a lot for really low end PCs too.

Do you have a lot of unanchored parts? That’s pretty costly too.

Though GG on only having 0.022mb for PhysicsCollisions :ok_hand:

1 Like

I have any unanchored parts, I don’t even know where they come from - cars?

1 Like

Any abundance of custom meshes and any CSG parts will cause lag. It will cause lag due to Roblox having to generate the new geometric form, rather than it being pre-generated. If you have many parts, spheres, cylinders, and wedges that’s different because they’re already pre-loaded into Roblox. I’m not sure if using ContentProvider and pre-loading the assets would actually work but you could give it a try. If you’re not familiar with coding, here’s the wiki article, but instead of :Preload() use :PreloadAsync().

https://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=API:Class/ContentProvider

Hope the issue gets solved soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

To clarify, any abundance of unique custom meshes and any CSG parts will cause lag. With instancing, the mesh is only loaded once so coping it over is actually very light weight. To keep it even more light, using Box CollisionFidelity and anchoring it is even better.

I don’t know - it’s your game :stuck_out_tongue:
Find them and see if you can cut out or anchor some.

1 Like