Does using Debris:AddItem() on a part a second time, reset/update it's Debris timer?

It’s a pretty simple question - I’ve heard before that you can’t remove an item from Debris, but, what about extending an item’s life? Would Debris simply not run the second time, error, or would it take the item and re-debris it with the new time?

Honestly, I think that’d be pretty cool if so. I’ll test later, but for now, has anyone tried this before?

The lifespan of an object in debris cannot be extended because the service is intended to destroy an object in a set amount of time no matter what happens. It wouldn’t error if you ran it a second time on the same object but the first run wouldn’t be overridden, it would destroy in the same amount of time as the first run (the second run would take priority however if it were faster than the remaining first run time).

1 Like

No, Debris is really simple and is just creating a separate thread that waits X amount of time before doing Instance:Destroy()

task.delay(10,function()
	if script.Parent then
		script.Parent:Destroy()
	end
end)

game:GetService("Debris"):AddItem(script.Parent,10)
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.