Dolly Zoom / Vertigo Effect - Increase FieldOfView when looking down

EDIT: This is not a true dolly zoom effect. I’ve misunderstood the intricacies behind it and only made a superficial copy. While it does work in realtime on some parts, it still utilizes tweenservice’s tweenbase instances, which can’t be edited during runtime. Which means you can’t get some of the signature effects that come with a dolly zoom. If you really want a true dolly zoom I’d look into this thread and take the best of both worlds from these resources to make an adequate production-ready dolly effect.

https://www.roblox.com/library/4541570418/Dolly-zoom

Dolly Zoom in Roblox- Help and Feedback / Cool Creations - Roblox Developer Forum

Dolly Zoom Effect - Roblox
How to make a Dolly Zoom effect? - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support - Roblox Developer Forum

I’ve made a script for increasing the local camera’s field of view whenever you look down!
Just something small I made, which I thought should be a free model.

It behaves like the following GIFs and the effect reverses whenever you don’t look down.

In-game demonstration:
First Person Perspective:

Third Person Perspective:

Have fun editing it! I made sure to make it readable. :smile:

44 Likes

Be great for a horror game or story based game

2 Likes

This is actually a really cool effect that’s both simple but definitely creates a nice feel! Awesome job!

Dang, this would be really good for a scary walk-the-plank up the rooftops game. You know, like the VR ones.

Other than that, good job on this! Lovely work you have there, never knew this could be a thing.