Dominus Formidulosus has character head poking through on left side

Update (5-11-23): The fitting issue has been resolved. The team is still investigating the texture bleeding issue!

Update 2 (6-8-23): A couple weeks ago, the texture bleeding issue was partially resolved. R6 no longer experiences the issue in-game. However, the seam issue (white line) still occurs on the back of Form for R15 (while zooming out with the camera). Also, minor texture bleeding still occurs on the front.

Seam issue for R15 currently (same as Form isolated on catalog in 3D view)

Back

Back

Front (minor)

Front

@Focia19 Could you check the internal database to see the status of this issue and if it’s marked as resolved? I’ve tried asking Avatar Team in a PM (where I talked to them about this issue previously), but I’ve yet to receive a response for a week now. Thanks!

If the team considers the seam issue unresolved, here is a summary on how to fully fix it.

Summary and explanation
  1. Back fix: Blend the bottom half of the texture.

2. Front fix (minor): Extend the black addition (which bridged the gap between the inside of hood and top edge) to the right edge of the texture.

Explanation: The transparent gaps in these areas of the current texture are causing the seam issue to persist for R15.

The fixed texture should look similar to this:

Seam Fix 3

Update 3 (6-13-23): The Avatar Team has gotten back with me and still considers the seam issue unresolved. However, it might take awhile to address due to other issues being of higher priority.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to bump but why was this report’s status marked as “Closed”? The team told me in a PM that they still consider this an issue, and the texture hasn’t changed since then. Currently, the seam issue still occurs on the front (minor) and back of the Dominus Formidulosus.

I really hope that this report was closed by mistake. If not, it will be pretty disappointing. I want to see this issue completely resolved and not swept under the rug (especially considering form’s price)!

On a side note, I recently talked to @Maxxell about this issue, and he proposed the following solution:

The seam you are seeing on Form is because the UV island is too close to the edge of the image. What was needed to fix this was shifting the entire UV island, and then shifting the entire texture to match the new position. The alternative is filling in the white space with texture, but to get that correct in place of a proper fix… you’ll know the issue is still there.