Donation Board doesn't let you click the UI buttons

So I imported the model by yeah_ember’s donation board, and it used to work perfectly, but now it won’t let you click anything on the UI of it, can’t purchase or enter the settings. I didn’t rename it, move it anywhere, and I didn’t delete any of the scripts. I tried other donation boards too, and they all seemed to have the same problem.
roblox

1 Like

Make sure that SurfaceGui instance is parented under PlayerGui so that it knows which player is interacting with it, otherwise it will not allow any interaction to happen.

SurfaceGui | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub.

1 Like

The model doesn’t have a SurfaceGui and when I delete and reimport, doesn’t have one inside. Unless you’re referring to something else. Sorry in advance I’m very new to scripting and anything in studio.

1 Like

Even when play testing? Do you know where the GUI elements for the leaderboard are stored?

1 Like

I tested in play testing, and I found them.
yy

In this case you will have to move SurfaceGui’s to PlayerGui under the local player. Here is an incomplete example to get you started:

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

-- Move the instance to be under PlayerGui of the local player
yourSurfaceGuiObject.Parent = Players.LocalPlayer:FindFirstChild("PlayerGui")
1 Like

where would I put this script?

You should modify existing script, and use scripting knowledge to apply the sample code correctly. If you are completely new to scripting, I would suggest to learn basics first before modifying other’s scripts.