Donation Cycle (Open Sourced Donation Game)

A donation game where your own gamepasses are recommended for others to buy!

Background
A few days ago, I had an idea for a donation game. Currently, in my eyes, donations games suck. The idea of donating to others is good, however, in practice, you have to AFK for hours on end to only get a few robux (less than 100). Some games added to this by allowing players to make artwork for donations, play piano for donations, or build for donations which are all good ideas, but the money generated vs time spent ratio is super low. What if there was a way to sell your gamepasses without having to AFK for hours?

The Idea / How it works
Donation Cycle (previously called Instant Donation) is a game where player’s gamepasses are queued up for other players to buy. The idea is simple, you buy someone’s gamepass for 100 robux, and then 3 other players buy your gamepass for 100 robux, so you get 80 robux profit (after 40% taxes). After buying someone’s gamepass, you don’t have to AFK, you can leave the game and spend your time elsewhere, doing more productive things. The whole process takes 1 minute. The more players that play, the faster your gamepass will be bought. You can repeat this as long as there are other gamepasses to buy.

In case users don’t have 100 robux to start, there is alternative route of waiting 1 hour in-game to allow their gamepass to be in the queue. This does 2 things: allow all players to have a chance to sell their gamepasses and artificially boost the game’s metrics like every ever donation game does and RNG game does.

Did it work?
Short answer is no. Now, I thought this would work, however I underestimated the amount of players who don’t even have 100 robux to start. In addition, those who don’t have 100 robux would rather not wait 1 hour in-game for free. What sounded like a sound idea on paper was not in real application.

This isn’t a tutorial, so I won’t explain how the code works, however if multiple people want, I can go in-depth in explaining it. The code is also pretty simple anyways, so feel free to check it out. Maybe you can create an actual island for it and better UI, as I quickly made everything in a day. For those who copy and paste without reading, the only thing you need to change is the proxy link in the module script AND add the first gamepass to the datastores to start. There are multiple tutorials on how to create your own proxy (linked below).

Game link: Donation Cycle đź’¸ - Roblox

donation cycle.rbxl (134.2 KB)

3 Likes