Dont bump topics when replies are edited

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to edit posts, whether to contain more accurate information or simply fix a grammatical error without bumping the topic.

For example, today, I realized the star creator icon I photoshopped for people to use was very proportionally inaccurate, and I wanted to change it to look closer to the original image.

When I edited this post, it immediately bumped the topic, with the most recent post date “Feb 21st” next to it.

I feel that bumping topics when replies are edited just seems out of place because there was no warning beforehand that the topic is bumped, plus the date is completely off compared to the other 1-16 minute ago topics.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because it would allow me to re-edit old posts if they contain inaccurate information without irritatingly bumping the posts.

1 Like

It makes sense to bump the post, since additional information was added. You made the star creator icon more accurate, and I assume some people may want to see that change, otherwise you wouldn’t have bothered changing it.

5 Likes

I think for other cases like a simple grammar fix or something, a bump would be absolutely unnecessary, so if we at least had an option to bump it or not (disabled by default) that would be great.

5 Likes