Don't calculate "years experience" solely off "work history"

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to accurately depict the “years of experience” on my talent hub profile. This is because this figure is currently calculated solely on the earliest “work experience” that you have listed on your profile. This is an inaccurate calculation as in order to fit under the 10 “work history” limit and to make their profile more attractive to possible employers; creators are forced to only include their best-work, omitting earlier less-polished work that would make their “years experience” more accurate.

I have been developing on the platform since 2017 yet because I omitted most of my earlier-work that is not of the highest-quality standard that employers would expect of me, I am punished with only “1+ years of experience” which lowers the chance of employers even looking at my profile!

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would allow me to more accurately describe my “years of experience” without having to list very old experiences that no longer represent my development skills. Making my overall profile more attractive to possible employers.

11 Likes

we really need a section for “years of experience” when editing our creator page

2 Likes