Don't Carry Over Plane Lock with Terrain Tools

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to work with terrain: Plane lock settings, instead of being specific to a tool, are global across multiple terrain tools.

For example, if I set plane lock to “Off” for the Grow tool, the plane lock for the Add tool automatically also gets toggled to “Off.”

This is not the case for other toggles, such as Ignore Water, Pivot Position, etc.

This automatic-carry over is incredibly irritating and slows down my workflow. I prefer my Add tool to have plane lock as I use the tool to create a primary base for my terrain, and without plane lock the tool feels sensitive and inconsistent. However, I prefer my Grow tool to not have plane lock because I want to extend portions of terrain irregardless of whether or not it fits within a certain plane.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to work more efficiently instead of wasting my time constantly toggling the plane lock every time I need to switch tools.

Thank you.

7 Likes