Don't Fall - The funniest way to stop players falling!

VERSION 3 - OUT NOW :yum:
Don’t Fall Version 3.0 Out Now! using a new ray system ooooo!

(Yes I do still ocassionally work on this)

Basically remade the entire script so that it’s much easier to read. Now it doesn’t unnecessarily store like a million position values. Instead we’re using a ray system which is just fires a ray down to see if the player is standing at a positon that it will not fall from.

I’m not sure if this is the best way to achieve the system but the script looks nice, it’s shorter and achieves the same effect with reduced bugs of the character being stuck in the air.

SETUP:

Get it from here: Dont Fall - Version 3.0 - Roblox

Just pop the script into StarterCharacterScripts you can also checkout some of the settings.

Disabling TWEENS makes the player instantly teleport to a previous position instead of tweening back.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

67 Likes

Really liking this, have found two glitches which would be nice if you could fix though the first of which is double jumping (jumping twice in a row). For some reason it starts to initiate the Don’t Fall script and I float back to the location of my first jump. The second glitch is if you jump just after floating back to your previous location you start to float midair (I can provide a video if you like but you should be able to reproduce this easily enough.)

Overall though really great idea :+1:

3 Likes

Will update and fix this in the future. Thanks for letting me know.

4 Likes

Hi, I haven’t been able to reproduce the Double Jump activation bug. Can you provide a small clip?

2 Likes

Sometimes its three jumps sometimes its two jumps:

https://gyazo.com/fb5c33f55fd051b3f9b7f784c368a74d

https://gyazo.com/cbe407e320f7857c2582d1d985a1b13f

Also found out then when I jump on the edge it acts normally but when I walk off the edge it holds me in position afterwards:

https://gyazo.com/2f0ef1c1da33c602169a3a050eaacec5

1 Like

Actively working to fix this and in the process add settings to the module. :+1:

3 Likes

Updated to fix bugs found by @Alexander_Ashford

• Fixed issue where the module would teleport you to the latest CFrame instead of looping through to find the safest point to move the player to.

• Fixed issue where jumping multiple times can activate Don’t Fall (Hopefully)

The module now also comes with an ‘Instant Teleport’ mode that can be toggled using the following: Antifall.InstantTeleport(true) or Antifall.InstantTeleport(false)

1 Like

Lovely contribution to the DevForum Community!

Such a unique asset that after a quick search, isn’t anywhere else on the Forum! I’m sure people will make great use of this! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the contribution!
The_Marshlet

2 Likes

Thank you for this release!

I can already see a lot of people using this in future. Not sure if you’ve already added it, but you could also add in settings the amount of time it will take to return player back to the safe spot, pretty sure you can easily do it with the TweenService.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! I pushed out an update where you can edit the activation time and tween time.

Activation Time Example:
DontFall.EditActivationTime(1) --Player must be falling for 1 second before Don't Fall activates.

Tween Time Example:
DontFall.EditTweenTime(0.5) --When activated it will take 0.5 seconds to move the player back on a platform.

Edit: Thanks for all the support. Please keep giving awesome suggestions.

4 Likes

This module is a awesome alternative to invisible wall! It’s awesome.

:rofl:

1 Like

This is actually very creative…

I useally do it by teleportation… But this is actually a more creative and entertaining…

1 Like

VERSION 2 - OUT NOW :yum:

Don’t Fall V2
[ Get the NEW module from HERE ! ]

What is Don’t Fall?
Don’t fall creates a log of the last 5 known positions of the player prior to falling and then allows you to either tween them back or teleport them back after they have been falling for X amount of seconds.

Using the new Don’t Fall is slightly different from the previous versions.

First, we require the module.

local DontFall = require(script:WaitForChild("DontFallV2"))

Then we create our tween information

local Info = TweenInfo.new(
	Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, 
	Enum.EasingDirection.Out, 
	false, 
)

And then create a new DontFall providing it with the information required

local DF = DontFall.new(
    0.5, --Time before a fall is counted (seconds)
	false, --Skip tween
	Info) -- Tween info

And now we have to start it by doing

DF:Start()
--or we can stop it by doing DF:Stop()

It also shouldn’t have many bugs now but if you do find one let me know and it now uses rays to find if the player is on a part so infinite fall loops shouldn’t exist now.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The module is offsale btw

2 Likes

Don’t Fall Version 3.0 Out Now! using a new ray system ooooo!

(Yes I do still ocassionally work on this)

Basically remade the entire script so that it’s much easier to read. Now it doesn’t unnecessarily store like a million position values. Instead we’re using a ray system in which just fires a ray down to see if the player is standing at a positon that it will not fall from.

I’m not sure if this is the best way to achieve the system but the script looks nice, it’s shorter and achieves the same effect with reduced bugs of the character being stuck in the air.

SETUP:

Get it from here: Dont Fall - Version 3.0 - Roblox

Just pop the script into StarterCharacterScripts you can also checkout some of the settings.

Disabling TWEENS makes the player instantly teleport to a previous position instead of tweening back.

4 Likes