Don't Hurt Bob [GAME ISN'T OUT YET]

Hello! I’m glad that you’ve chosen to take a little bit of time to read through this topic.

Aside from that, Don’t Hurt Bob, or DHB for short, is an adventurous and puzzle-solving game. You, the player, might’ve accidentally made your entire body unstable in the universe you’re in.

In other words, you’re stuck in a ripple of space and time! But you can now use these new powers of yours to travel across different places in that unstable universe. Be careful; there are dangerous foes out there that can easily take you down as quick as a snap!

Now the unfortunate fellow that got into all of this mess is… Bob, y’know, this guy:

This silly little robot guy managed to fall into the obscureness of his now unstable universe! You, as the player, must try to find a way to make your universe stable again. Because, after all, you did make the universe unstable, but I don’t think the gods will like what you’ve just done.

Game Mechanics
Getting Scared

When a huge enemy makes itself known, it’ll roar at the player. When this happens, the player’s screen will shake and be distorted.

Depending on what kind of traits you have, it could rather tame or intensify this mechanic.

Traits

As a result of you screwing up the universe, you’ve lost all the traits that make you feel like you. That includes bad traits and good traits, but I don’t think that matters to you anymore. Anyways!

As a result of your corrupting the universe, you’ll be given a list of traits to choose from. There’s one problem: each positive trait you select… You’ll lose what’s called trait points. The more valuable that trait is, the fewer trait points you’ll have. In order to gain those trait points, you’ll need to choose a negative trait so you can balance it out. The more that trait affects you, the more trait points you’ll receive.

The default number of trait points you’ll receive is 15.

Positive Traits

Leader
Leader
10- Trait Points

• Player gains two extra health slots

Bravery
Bravery
6- Trait Points

• The player will never get scared

ToughCookie
Tough Cookie
6- Trait Points

• The player gains one extra health slot

HighPainTolerence
High Pain Tolerance
8- Trait Points

• The player receives 5 seconds of invisibility after getting damaged

ArmDay
Arm Day
6- Trait Points

• The player can deal 25% more damage

NightPerson
Night Owl
1- Trait Point

• The player can see through the darkness at night

HighAlert
High Alert
3- Trait Points

• The player will be alerted if an enemy locks onto them

Sprinter
3- Trait Points

• The player’s walkspeed will be increased by 9

Negative Traits

Panic Dash
4+ Trait Points

• When the player gets scared, they’ll begin to uncontrollably sprint

ScaredyCat
Scaredy Cat
3+ Trait Points

• Whenever the player gets scared, the effects will be intensified

PoorVision
Poor Vision
5+ Trait Points

• The player will have a permanent blurry effect

HighPainIntolerence
High Pain Intolerance
7+ Trait Points

• If an enemy damages the player, it’ll deal extra damage to the player by one

SkippedLegDay
Weak Legs
8+ Trait Points

• The player will lose their ability to sprint
  • The player’s walkspeed will be dropped to 9

OneShot
One Shot
10+ Trait Points

• Any kind of damage that is dealt to the player will result in an instant death

Insanity
Insanity
2+ Trait Points

• The player will be locked in first person
  • The player will view color extremely differently than normal

Health Slots

Instead of having a simple 100 health bar, you’ll have what I like to call health slots! It’s kinda like a pie kind of health mechanic.

Max HP:

Mid HP:

Low HP:

Builds

Ever wanted to test the game for yourself? Well, check in here to access any build of the game!

WARNING: Whenever a new build comes out, the previous build WILL not be supported! Any bugs in the previous build won’t be maintained. This is to save me some time to focus on when I’m making another build!

School Build

Additional Gallery

A game icon for DHB that references the art style from FPE:S.

Death Icon
The image that shows up whenever the player dies.

Just a random screenshot of some of the pre-alpha UI.

A screenshot of Miss Circle hunting down the player in the school level.

Q%A

Q: Is this game going to be multiplayer or just single player?

• A: This game will only be single player.

Q: Will there be any potential skins that I can apply on bob?

• A: Yes, I’m planning to add skins for bob so the player can customize him.

Now this game isn’t finished yet, but I want your opinions about this upcoming game that I’m working on. If you like what about the game’s mechanics then feel free to give this topic a rating down below!

Game Rating

0 voters

7 Likes

Just wondering, this game is single player right? Because I think it would be pretty chaotic with 15 bobs running around everywhere.

1 Like

It’s only going to be singleplayer.

3 Likes

I like this idea. We don’t have enough single player games on this platform.

1 Like

This game concept is really unique, I’ve never seen ir before! Kinda reminds me of Little Big Planet 3, idk why tho.

Who hurt bob?

2 Likes

I’ve added an additional gallery section if you want to see some side content for the game!

Hello once again! I’ve added two more traits and an upcoming build for those who want to play the game!

If you have any questions about the game so far, let me know right now! Your question will be added onto the Q&A.

1 Like