Don't list inactive private servers owned by others on an experience page!

As a Roblox content creator and gamer seeking private servers to experience on Roblox that I have experienced before and have not experienced before, I believe it is hard to achieve this right now through the Servers<Private Servers section of an experience page as the list of private servers can contain inactive private servers owned by others who have invited you to their private server.

As we are not able to: Renew the private server for the inviter, uninvite/blacklist/reject ourselves from the private server we were invited to, and hide the listed, inactive private server, a long list of private servers could be unnecessarily generated on the experience you’re interested in joining, and I find this quite irritating as somebody that’s just interested in joining active private servers. Literally, seeing another person’s inactive private server being displayed on the private servers list for an experience is completely useless information that I believe should be removed.

Just see for yourself, this is an example of an inactive private server I was invited to, owned by somebody else:

I am unable to ineract with it in any way and cannot learn anything about it other than it’s inactive. Why should I care about this? The listing is useless information. The only use I can see for this is being encouraged to contact the inactive private server owner in regards to the server activity matter, but, that’s just unethical - it essentially makes you beg someone to pay something that they can’t afford, just for your entertainment.

Anyways, I would like to mention one last thing, which is that I would NOT suggest this feature/decision to apply to inactive private servers owned by ourselves as well, as when an active private server owned by yourself is inactive, we are prompted to renew it, see below for an example:

As the error description and renew button seen above are useful features to a private server owner, inactive private servers owned by ourselves should be listed.

Prior to September 07, this topic was poorly formatted and featured a bad use of language, so I have rewritten it on September 07, 2022.

13 Likes