Door Doesnt Want To Move Using Prismatic and Rod Constraints

I have a train that uses prismatic constraints and rods together to make the door open and close. I have the system pretty much actually working, the only problem is that the door part doesnt want to move even when the rod is pulling or pushing on it. It only starts to move when I manually select it from explorer and try to change its position.

Video Showing:

If you take a look at the bottom right at my output, it shows that the script is operational, and I tested beforehand by moving the door slightly right before the whole process starts and it does work as intended.

Does anyone have a reason why this is happening, and whats causing it?

Have you checked inside the model to see if it was welded to anything by accident? I remember a while ago roblox used to automatically weld items together but I don’t remember if they still do. It seems like once you moved its position, the weld got destroyed which allowed the door to move.

1 Like

Hm, the train chassis I use has automatic welding scripts espicially for the body. It uses qPerfectionWeld. Is there anyway you know to remove these welds specifically for the doors? Or will I have to investigate myself?

Thank you though for narrowing down my problem, really helps since I need to finish this project soon.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I have fixed the issue by simply adding this script in each door model to remove the welds:

wait(5)
script.Parent:WaitForChild("qRelativeCFrameWeldValue"):Destroy()
script.Parent:WaitForChild("qCFrameWeldThingy"):Destroy()

The door now opens as intended!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.