DoSing/DDoSing becoming a problem yet again

Dude, you’re crazy.
I said
Tell the exploiter
“I will pay you, if you send proof”

And you’re thinking that we’re actually paying? What?

I have the source of botters, malicious ones as well. I know what they do, I’ve seen them do it.
And I know how ddosing is a major issue, and I’m finding a way to convince the exploiter to stop.

They don’t have access Roblox servers; no control over their servers, so no.

Don’t ever do that, there is no guarantee plus you’re giving in and therefore giving them a reason to continue.

That will do absolutely nothing, they can just target the game published from the different account.

3 Likes

Every solution have its flaws, and every problem have its solutions.

You’ll be commuting an illegal crime that’s not just cause.
I won’t suggest doing so.
Imagine being punished for this? :cold_face:

but if you dont want to go down that path then what he should do is report the account and discord account

1 Like

Yes, but a crime to stop a crime is also punishable.
Martin Luther king said only love can kill hate, I’m not too sure how to do it yet, but it’s definitely a better solution.

Alright I personally think the best shot is to just pretend to be dead.
Then the man would probably leave you as he’s uncertain about whether if you would come back or not.

Not suggested!
If you reported him and he got banned, he might revenge or smth so that’s bad
Roblox can ban his account but he’s not using discord or his main Roblox acc to DDos anyways, so banning won’t work.
Ty for replying

But you can’t send them to anyone…
They could be in Russia, in China, in Mexico, in Arabia…
Don’t use violence, or things can get bad :cry:

Ok what you should do is try to make a script detect a ddos attack then find the player and ban them because at the moment roblox is trying to fix the issue

I have no clue what any of these people are talking about but there is not much you can do to stop a player who has connected to the server, regardless if you kick them or not.

Many games create a hub that serves as a buffer between the actual game and the player. Any checks should go inside of the hub, such as account age, alt detection methods, etc. and the player should be kicked from the hub if they fail those checks. This will prevent direct access to get the IP.

There are rumored methods to get the IP regardless but I haven’t seen much of that come to fruition.

If a player can connect at all, they get the IP of the server as the code on your server would need to run to kick them. This would not be the same if you did some sort of method such as group locking, as the game access is then handled by Roblox itself. With that being said, a hub allows them to only access the hub game’s IP address and not anything further. It will not stop all DDOSes but it will definitely make it more complicated, especially if you make checks to determine if a user’s account is an alt. (I recommend getting data from their profile and checking it against what you usually would.) Once all of these checks are complete, you can either place the user into the actual game (Would be a place under the hub experience) or you can kick them.

That is pretty much the best you can currently do. DDOSing will always be an issue regardless of Roblox making more “powerful” servers or any other sort of fix. The best you can do is try to mitigate it.

Edit: If you know the player’s account, report it to Roblox, as others have said.

2 Likes

First of all DON’T PAY HIM. Don’t give into these people because it makes them think their strategy works, making them go and do it to other people.

If you’re willing to, you can pay a small amount of money by investing into a VPN that has very good connection, I would recommend using any free ones as the tunnel connection is extremely slow. Alternatively, some people do sell Anti-DDoS protection on ROBLOX.

Either way, at some point he’s going to give up. Don’t forget that DDoSing doesn’t only put strain on your game, it puts strain on his system to constantly automate it, increasing temperatures and rates. If you would like any further assistance please message me with both his Discord and ROBLOX.

1 Like

If anything is there any way to recognize an incoming ddos attack? (using a script)

It depends on whether they’re using an Internet based attack or something replicating in game in order to crash servers.

Who would be friends with someone like this to begin with? If they have friends that need to talk sense into them, by all means. Make their friends talk sense into them. Otherwise, they shouldn’t have friends to begin with acting like that.

A Roblox server is still completely functional when a DDoS occurs for many users. So simply noticing that everyone is standing still on the server and not chatting for over 20 seconds is an easy way to tell a server is being hit.

In-game dev product payments still fire game analytics revenue recording etc,
Http requests still get sent from the experience.

The DDoS attacks have completely stopped and i have not paid a penny.

The issue was that the DDoSer was targeting certain players that he did not like. The solution is simple: have those players completely ignore the DDoSer.

1 Like

im currently facing nonstop attacks. i’ve experienced them on and off for over two years. its quite disheartening and hilarious somebody has enough time to sit there and spam crash a server all day long without a return. i messaged an engineer and essentially all he could tell me was that they’re working on the issue, no timeframe.

1 Like

Im sorry to hear that. It’s inevitable especially in games that depend on social interactions, like frappe. All that can be done for now is just pray that the engineers come though :pray:

1 Like