Double Bubble Chat Glitch LOL

Hi all,

Recently, bubble chat had a huge rework. It looked really nice, so I decided to implement it in my game. It works just fine except when it comes to NPCs.

I’m working on a very unique Street Soccer game and one of the NPCs is the Referee. The referee “talks” with bubble chat whenever someone scores, whenever the ball goes out of bounds, whenever time’s up, etc.

BEFORE THE NEW BUBBLE CHAT:

­
­
AFTER THE NEW BUBBLE CHAT:

­
Here you can notice that both the old and the new bubble chat comes whenever the NPC talks which looks really weird. This issue doesn’t happen on real players but only NPCs. Here’s the code:

BubbleChat enabler Local script:

local ChatService = game:GetService("Chat")
ChatService.BubbleChatEnabled = true

Referee’s script (not full obviously but just the part where he chats):

local refTexts = {"Nice goal, ", "Sick goal, ", "Good goal, ", "Nice job, ", "Good job, ", "Impressive, ", "What a goal, "}

local chosenText = refTexts[math.random(1,#refTexts)]

game:GetService("Chat"):Chat(ref.Head, chosenText..goalScorer.Name.."!", Enum.ChatColor.White)

How can I make sure that only the new bubble chat pops up on the referee’s head?

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

i don’t think there’s actually a solution to this, correct me if i’m wrong though.

3 Likes

I tested the script myself with a part and it seems it’s just working fine.
There’s the rare possibility that the script is duplicated or whatever is triggering it may be firing twice, check with print if that’s the case.

Maybe you are already doing this but just revert to old chat bubbles if the problem just persists if that solves it

4 Likes

That’s odd because if there was a duplicate, the old one would have been duplicated as well.

2 Likes

I’ve thought the same thing, but check it out anyways you can never know if that’s the problem.

Test it by yourself inside your game but with another part or humanoid and check if it’s firing twice, if it’s not then logically it is not possible that the Bubble Chat bugs out of nowhere like that, something might be going wrong inside your scripts

1 Like

Yeah it’s already set to false.

2 Likes

That works. The problem is that I use a customized chat system with tags (for vip) and a specific format.

2 Likes

NEVERMIND. ALL I HAD TO DO IS DISABLE THE “BubbleChat” SCRIPT inside the folder.

2 Likes