Double clicking in "Find Results" should open the script in Explorer

The problem
I use Find Results all the time, it’s a great tool!
When I want to quickly edit a script I simply search for a phrase, find it in the list and open the script.
The problem is when I need to edit it’s parent module, and I dont know what to search for.

Image: Code search example.

As you can see in my example, it’s abit tedious having to open SStorage > GUI > Chat > Code > CameraScript > Cameras just to get to the parent module.

Thats why I suggest:
Double clicking a search result once, will open the script (It already does this)
But double clicking same result again, will highlight the script in the explorer window.

4 Likes

For me, clicking the script will open it…

Does it not do this for you?

Yea but opening it in explorer like so:

For me when I click a script I found in search all, or the errors, it opens the script in the main window and opens the source.

1 Like

you can just right click on a script in the tab bar, then there’s an option to show it in explorer

funky

Not as fast as your proposed solution but it works

3 Likes

Sorry, I thought you were saying that when you clicked a script you were trying to open it to edit and it just wasn’t, not that you wanted it to select the script in the explorer.

My bad.

1 Like

Had no idea that was an option, when was that added?

1 Like

I wasn’t able to find anything regarding it in #updates:announcements so I assume it was added a while back and you didn’t know about it until just now

Took me 10 years til i found out you could alt+click to select a part within a model without selecting the whole model itself, so I wouldnt be suprised :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.