Commander | Open Sourced Admin Panel

We’ve just rolled out the developer preview 2. Hopefully you will like it!

This new preview features:

• Theme color customisation
  • Ban/unban/timeban command
  • Keybind customisation
  • Chatlogs and joinlogs
  • Window, list, listitem for generators
  • Generate a list with the API

and much more!

:warning: You have to enable Studio access to API if you plan to test it in Studio.

6 Likes

I don’t use this, but a pause/resume system for any kinda log would be good (eg you’re looking at a specific chat in the chat log and then it gets flooded with messages)

3 Likes

Looking awesome, The GUIs look so good!

3 Likes

We’ve updated Commander again, here’s what we’ve changed:

• We’ve made changes to the administrator status checking API, it now only accepts UserId, no longer the player instance.
  • Ban, TimeBan, Kick and Unban no longer can be executed to administrators (You can not ban/kick administrators anymore)
  • We’ve fixed an issue where the administrator status checking API will not be functional when there’s more than one entry in the administrator list
  • We’ve fixed the teleport and bring command

The API documentation will be updated shortly, thanks for using Commander! :smiley:

5 Likes

There’s seems to be a bug in Commander where you will be reprompted after pressing the submit button in the input prompt. I am currently working on a solution to it but I am not so sure whether I am able to find the culprit of this bug, please DM me if someone is interested in finding the bug’s culprit.

3 Likes

Heyo!

We’ve rolled out DP2 A1146 to the public, this version addresses the following issues:

• Command being executed more than once
  • Kick/Ban/TimeBan command asked for reason even if the target is an administrator
  • The “X” button will not clear the input in Players page
  • Package button being executed even a modal is on-top

This version also includes new features:

• There’s now a button in the Topbar section to open the panel
  • Full mobile support

Note: DP2 A1146 and after will ship in a .rbxm file.

5 Likes

Thanks @nana_kon, good update!

1 Like

Hey again!

We’ve rolled out DP2 A1147 to the public, this version includes two awesome features:

Dark theme

Commander now lives in the dark

To toggle dark theme, set ["Dark Theme"] = true in Settings.

Messages (Not fully done)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/813583766039560206/813607821584498748/video.mov

Fun fact, you can send messages to all, others, random or a player!

This version includes new features:

• Dark theme support
  • New API method .doThisToPlayers, will be documented soon

Hope you like it :smiley:

11 Likes

You keep surprising me. This is absolutely amazing. Thank you for your contribution!

One question, will there be more features added soon such as Trello/discord integrations
or maybe a personal message (PM) command?

3 Likes

Looks very cool indeed! I will definitely be using this in future games.

2 Likes

Personal messaging will be done once I’ve fully finished the messaging system, since both are the same thing.

About Trello/Discord integrations, I don’t plan to add it – there’s a lot of reasons behind this, one of the reasons is it isn’t highly effective in larger scale games, command logging in Trello/Discord would be too abusive if it is in a game with a huge playerbase.

1 Like

Heyo, we’ve fully finished making our GitHub repository into a rojo project file. If you want to suggest a new feature, submit a bug report, make changes to our existing code, or want to ask a question. Feel free to do it in our GitHub repository.

https://github.com/va1kio/commander

4 Likes

How do I scroll down? Does it only work with a mouse?

1 Like

You can scroll down with a trackpad as long as it supports multi-touch.

For Mac, you may refer to this page: Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac - Apple Support

For Windows, refer to this page: Touchpad gestures for Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

For mobile devices/touch-enabled tablets, simply swipe up or down in order to scroll.

3 Likes

I tried this before and it doesn’t work, but thank you.

Edit: I managed to connect a mouse to my laptop, so it works now. I think my laptop is missing the precision touchpad feature, which is why it couldn’t scroll down.

1 Like

Hello!

I’ve tried to use this Admin Panel in my game and everything works fine except Mobile players. They are unable to move and turn their camera. Do you know what this could be causing?

4 Likes

Does this support DisplayNames yet?

I don’t plan to support DIsplayName, there’s no point doing so.

This doesn’t seem to be related to Commander, but I’ll take a look.

I checked since when I removed Commander it worked for mobile again. So it is a Commander problem.