DragDetectors [Beta]

pretty interesting and unexpected addition, lots of stuff to do with this!

2 Likes

cool addition! i will 100% find a way to use this.

3 Likes

I may replace my Puzzle Dungeon room manipulation GUIā€™s with real parts using this. I love it!

2 Likes

This is an incredibly unexpected but awesome update!

I feel the drag detector will make others experiences feel more interactive as this is an easily accessible feature!

Great work! :tada:

5 Likes

This is actually really cool. Nice to see this feature added.

2 Likes

Oh wow, a good Roblox Studio update. Havenā€™t seen one of those in a while.

3 Likes

I like this update, however, does it move the camera if your interacting with a DragDetector on mobile?

3 Likes

Any way we can use it with GUIs? (or maybe its already the case and im completely lost)

2 Likes

Okay, you want catapultsā€¦
A few of us worked on a game called ā€œProjectile Madness.ā€
Keep in mind the game is really rough and janky, not ready for prime time.

But we each made a weapon to hurl things at targets, and they should provide you with some fun and fodder. There is my ā€œPlunger Pull,ā€ @itsfrank17 's totally amazing ā€œCatapult,ā€ @idevride 's ā€œSpring Launcher,ā€ and @jinkiesSc00bā€™s ā€œWrecking Ball.ā€

It should be open for you to copy and download. Make better weapons than we did please!

6 Likes

On mobile devices:

• Clicking the thumbstick area/control, jump button, or other UI elements will work, even if a DragDetector is behind them and below the cursor. (And the DragDetector will NOT move)
  • Clicking a DragDetector in the camera area will move the DragDetector and NOT the camera
  • Otherwise, clicking in the camera area moves the camera
5 Likes

Thank you for your answer, itā€™s nice that youā€™re taking your time to answer to everyone.

3 Likes

See other comments: DragDetectors donā€™t work with Screen GUIs,. Itā€™s a great idea, but will require further thought to get it right.

3 Likes

Really good feature, liking how the cursor mimics that of a ClickDetector. Speaking of cursors, do you guys plan on changing the default cursor for hovering over a Click/Drag Detector? I feel like itā€™s outdated now with the new one.

4 Likes

This is such a cool update! There are so many possibilities for what we could do with this! :thinking:

It wonā€™t let me edit it! :sob:

I agree with this. Itā€™s too big and pixelated. It doesnā€™t look modern.

3 Likes

Try again? Should be available now.
We donā€™t plan on changing the clickDetector cursor
But for DragDetector, we plan to replace both the icon in the Explorer pane and the cursor in the scene.
The design is set but Iā€™ll pass on your comment to our designer about it looking big and pixelated.

6 Likes

Yes! We are currently working on changing the default cursor for DragDetectors for hover and click, along with the instance icon.

8 Likes

W feature.

8 Likes

Is there something similar for UI elements? Or is there a plan to create something like this for UI. Would be life savingā€¦

Just read this

And this

ā€¦ And this one as wellā€¦ Sorryā€¦

But hey seeing all this demand makes me think there should be a drive for supply!

4 Likes

Really cool! Thanks to the team that worked in this :slight_smile: Definitely will be using this in my time based obby game!

2 Likes

It works now. :sunglasses:

Just to clarify, this is the icon Iā€™m referring to:
Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 4.54.35 PM

9 Likes