DragDetectors [Beta]

Check out [this response by @PlumbusDude420 (DragDetectors [Beta] - #149 by PlumbusDude420). They are already trying it out!

2 Likes

Sorry @mohammed1336, I don’t know anything about anti-cheat or Byfron,
:frowning:

3 Likes

Byfron shouldn’t change how you approach anti cheats. Make sure all your remotes are secure and implement server-side security measures where you can, and don’t waste your time on client-side measures.

3 Likes

Great to hear, @DevSersponge, I hope to see you do all of this!
As for screenGUI… have you seen Minority Report? I think the UI there is the ancestor of Tony Stark’s table. So inspiring!

4 Likes

Who gets NetworkOwnership of the dragged object?

2 Likes

This feature is pretty cool since you can do things like this

You can also make a normal placing system with this

oh yeh also if you want the place for whatever reason
Drag Detector Playground - Roblox (it’s uncopylocked)

9 Likes

Any idea when this feature goes live to experiences? Seems pretty well polished already… any thoughts of a date?

5 Likes

DragDetectors do not attempt to change networks ownership.But if you drag an object under someone else’s network ownership, it should still move

4 Likes

This is something that I never thought we needed but…

WE NEEDED IT

4 Likes

robloxapp-20230522-0305072.wmv (1.4 MB)

Thought of an interesting idea with dragdetectors.

4 Likes

Well done on this milestone guys! - This is going to open up a whole new range of possibilities for experiences, excited to work with it and see what we can make.

From first looks it’s incredible!

3 Likes

I wonder if and how someone could make a Lumber Tycoon 2 style dragger using this, tried myself but cant seem to get it to look right

3 Likes

cool update, cant wait to try it out lol

1 Like

I wasn’t referring to that, I was referring to the NetworkOwnership but thanks either way! :slight_smile:
(I already and continue to do all that so I’m not stuck in the mud if byfron gets bypassed)

1 Like

This is very promising, how drag-and-drop esque is it for replacing the old dragger system that things like the classic build tools use? I use a fork of MaximumADHD’s classic build tool restorations in a few of my games (edited to do more work on the client to prevent desyncs, as well as restrict their usage to match said games’ gameplay) and admittedly I’m pretty bad at that kind of thing, so hopefully it’s not too different.

4 Likes

Although we do not have a specific date at the moment, we are working to bring it to live experiences in a stable state. We should be able to make a decision once we are confident that no more changes to existing API are required, and some known bugs are sorted out. Hopefully, that date will be sooner than later.

Once that’s decided, we will post an update on this post!

5 Likes

Hmm I wonder if Exploiters can find ways to manipulate such thing in some ways.

In theory in a case of multiplayer using DragDetectors to move things around and you get the Network Ownership since you render the physics I assume if an exploiters false makes it so the object gets a super high speed velocity to hit another player they could fling them right?? :thinking:

And in order to combat this we would either need to implement in the server that who ever is dragging a part it won’t have collusions with other players or force network Ownership in the server if I am not wrong.

This is a problem with any unanchored part pretty much.

2 Likes

Not sure if I misunderstood the premise of your entire respond but I don’t see how this would be an issue. DragDetectors support moving anchored parts meaning you wouldn’t have any issues with exploiters manipulating unanchored parts.

3 Likes

WOW, with this we can make a certain well-known game of throwing birds

Amazing update!

3 Likes

I was thinking about creating a game, and one of the features would be that you could make your own obstacle courses without ever having to enter Roblox Studio. This feature would make something like this 10x easier! Thank you

2 Likes