Draggable property menus

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to drag individual submenus in properties to organize and list them.

In recent updates, menus like ‘appearance’ have been shifted lower and some submenus that I rarely configure are bumped up for parts or attachments. Even for images like decals or textures, I’d like to drag these menus for organizing properties as current positions isn’t suitable for preference.

Or, possibly properties inside the menus could be dragged around in the menu itself.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I can drag menus as my preference on what should be where for development.

56 Likes

I support this feature request.

I do like how the Name property is near the top but I dislike how the positioning properties are above the appearance properties since it makes more sense to me that developers would modify the look of things before going to move them about.

However one size does not fit all in this case, as developers will have different opinions on which categories should be at the top and which should be at the bottom.

So the solution to this would be to have them be draggable to reorganize the positions yourself, or some studio preference setting to list them alphabetical or in whichever order you choose.

It really doesnt sit well with me when random changes like this aren’t voted on first. Even changes to the property names themselves will sometimes be changed without notice, potentially breaking games. At least give us a week heads up before changes go live.

Edit: oh and on that note, for Parts, the color info is in the Appearance section, while in Frames, the color info is in the Data section. Logic??

9 Likes