Dragger QoL Improvements [Beta]

I knew we were going to get something special for v600! :smiley:

These changes seem like they’ll be very useful, thank you to the staff who worked on the update, and making v600 extra special!

4 Likes

:no_good_man:
It’s a pretty cool thought. I’m not a fan of measuring rulers. I’ll say it’s kind of good to be updated. I don’t know what to say.

3 Likes

Are there plans to expose functions which allow developers to use these handles + draggers in game / in a plugin?

4 Likes

I’ll post an updated zip file of the DraggerFramework code when we do a full release. I didn’t post it yet because we should get our beta fixes done before distributing that code.

11 Likes

Oh hey, a change that’s amazing instead of disastrous! Glad to see draggers are getting worked on more.

Maybe someday we could have Blender-like draggers? The ability to move along view planes, along with moving along the screen, would be awesome.

Overall though, 10/10 update!

3 Likes

Probably not the way you wanted it but that’s actually what follow-the-cursor dragging does when the Physical dragger mode is selected.

4 Likes

draggers need to not be all 1 solid color so i can see them behind red, green, and blue parts

8 Likes

I love these changes.
Will the UI editor ever get any of the features you just listed here, like better snapping, resizing and rotating?

6 Likes

Very cool except the white selection, it disturbs me when I move my mouse! Would it be possible to hide it?

12 Likes

this is HUGE for building.
i mean like, a huge improvement dawg… we needed this for a WHILE

4 Likes

Absolutely love this update. This update actually made it way easier to the dragger and I am a fan of it, finally a good update!

4 Likes

WOOOOOOOO!

FINALLY, IT CAME! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Nice update, and a good way to start v6 :tada:

3 Likes

This update looks AMAZING! Building in roblox studio isn’t the most pleasant experience, but this is a HUGE help! Im all for adding more “blender” type controls so we don’t have to constantly go to the top bar or to the properties tab just to move something to the middle of something else, this will help with so much!

4 Likes

One request not sure did someone notice it, it would be really cool if we could get dynamic drager colours, so it’s always visible even if there’s a similar coloured brick in the way

4 Likes

Wow! That’s actually a pretty amazing quality of life update.
I love how damn smooth and satisfying the snapping looks, it gives a similar feel to those pictures of objects that perfectly fit somewhere.

2 Likes

As a Solo Developer I think this will help me speed up my weekly updates quite a bit. I’ve never considered myself a Builder but I think this will be extremely useful

3 Likes

forgot how vital simple stuff like this was speeds up the overall process of building makes me wanna get back into building

3 Likes

Cool update roblox, Finally i dont have to spend a bunch of time correctly aligning objects together perfectly

4 Likes

Most of these was a definite need! Thanks so much for adding these as these will help builders or others on making models / maps.

4 Likes