Dragging attachments not functioning correctly

Reproduction Steps

1. Create a couple of models
2. Add an attachment on the last created model
3. Drag the attachment around

Expected Behavior

Only the attachment instance on the model moves with the dragger

Actual Behavior

Either the entire model will displace, or the last selected model will displace with the dragger

Workaround

Manually entering the position/orientation/cframe of the attachment through properties

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Constantly

7 Likes

Getting this as well. Strangely enough, I can only get it to occur when I drag another part (the attachment’s parent in my case), ctrl-z, then attempt to drag the attachment. Weird.

2 Likes

This also happens to me as well (specifically @tacovalk’s response). It started happening around the time when draggers had the origin set to the pivot point rather than the center of the model.

Another thing to add is that pivot origins are also modified when attachments are moved. PivotTo and other functions that rely on this are no longer accurate when this happens (I haven’t tested this very much, PivotTo might still work fine, but it’s something to look into).

Around the same time, this issue also started happening about a day ago: Member bug report - Dragger issues - Help and Feedback / Building Support - DevForum | Roblox. I can’t be certain they’re related but that’s a possibility, since both of them started around the dragger pivot update.

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Also happening to me as well. Any plans to fix this? Very severe not being able to adjust attachments.

For some reason a brand new attachment will drag an unrelated model?

Simple fix for now: if you’re trying to move the attachment and this happens, rotate the attachment first, then try moving it. Fixed it for me. Vice versa for rotating: move the attachment, then try rotating it.

Hey, sorry for the delay in addressing this. It should work again now!

2 Likes