Dragging parts in studio causes them to bug out

For the past few months ive been battling this incredibly annoying issue I cant seem to find others having.

When I drag a part (new studio draggers or not) the part tries its hardest to fly into the workspace camera. Depending on where I grab the part it moves slightly differently, but still towards the workspace camera.

My temporary solution has been to use a friends place to do my building.
If I create a place, I have the issue, if I use a shared world from a user without the issue I do not

I have tried disabling all beta features related to moving parts in studio, as well as one by one disabling all my plugins then dragging a part to see if maybe its one of my plugins, but to no avail.

Here is a video showing what im talking about.

(second place is the shared one)

The friend sharing his place to me also encountered this issue for a short time before it cleared itself up (was hoping this would happen to me) so maybe it has happened to others, but like I mentioned I cant for the life of me find another post about someone with the same issue or bug.

1 Like

that kinda looks like what happens when you use the draw terrain feature… have you tried enabling all the data features related to moving parts?

have you tried reinstalling roblox studio?

I have tried all related beta features both on/off yes.

I have not tried re-installing (ill try now), but the issue has persisted over many studio updates.

After a fresh install, the issue persists.

You need to update your plugins to the latest version, see: Introducing the StudioSelectable Collision Group

1 Like

Yep that was it, Thanks so much for this answer you’ve saved me a lot of future time and frustration.

For anyone else having this issue, its most likely related to your studio tweaks plugin being outdated as @tnavarts said.

Update your plugin and it will go away.
The reason that disabling my plugins one by one didnt solve this, is because I forgot to disable plugins I installed via the roblox folder (would you know it, an old version of studio tweaks was in there)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.