[Dragon Blade] Zelda Inspired game

Hello! Developers.

FriendlyStoneGolem (Owner/Main Developer) has been working on this game that we’re calling “Dragon Blade” for the past 6+ months and as we get closer to release we are trying to build up a community.

As the title says this was inspired by games like Breath of the Wild and Valheim. Some of the features already implemented are:

• Fully customizable skinned-mesh player characters
  • 3-stance melee system with combo support (sword+shield, 2 handed, spear)
  • Structure building
  • Terraforming
  • Climbing on objects and terrain
  • Bow and arrow
  • Horse riding
  • Weapon and tool crafting
  • Magnesis-like Object levitation ability
  • Fire element/flammable objects
  • Procedurally generated terrain (offline process)
  • Quest giver NPC and quest system

Here are some sneak peeks. Let us know what you think!

b4acced491d743ade093b42ff8c9d9f5a44b5a33_2_690x388

CONTACT/COMMUNITY:

You can contact me via Discord: Irish Imperium#4401

You can join our development discord server to get more details on Dragon Blade and get access to a bunch of different channels!

Discord Code: Krv2KaVm

If you’re interested in supporting the development process further, feel free to join our discord server. We’ll be posting sneak peeks every two days or so, and we would love some feedback or suggestions to improve our game! Have a good rest of your day developers!

28 Likes

how much lag would this game have?

1 Like

Yes, so as of now we’ve tested the performance and there seems to be little lag. The second Image shown is a screenshot of actual gameplay. In the upcoming sneak peeks within the discord we’ll be showing more clips and videos of the gameplay.

2 Likes

Are the three hearts three lives?

2 Likes

Yes. If you join the discord server the developers will be taking questions today.

2 Likes

We plan on having a Tester application when the game is ready for testing. This will most likely take place in a few months. Applications (When ready) will be in the discord server.

2 Likes

LOOKS TOO GOOD! I’ve been finding Zelda-like games on Roblox like a tradition or something every year, because of bad hardware for emulation and have no money for a Switch. Looks like I got something to play. Does it have controller support, and if it does, will you be implementing standard vibrations?

2 Likes

As of now, we do not have controller support, however that is one of our priorities.

2 Likes

Any suggestions for game development, things we should add, map ideas, etc?

1 Like

Looks insane, I find myself loving to play Zelda; however I never find a Zelda game that just dosent… seem poor.

2 Likes

When I was looking for Zelda games on Roblox I was disappointed to say the least. Any suggestions for game development?

1 Like

Different tree colors would be something. They all seem the same color

2 Likes

Some more info about controller support. As of now we are actually designing all controls with gamepad in mind. Like in the bottom left the 1-4 shortcuts (Images) will be activated with directional buttons, etc.

1 Like

Yes we plan on adding a lot more detail content to the terrain generator such as rocks and dilapidated structures, and also I need to add the enemy camps (will be fighting goblins and orcs, no PvP for now)

I’d like caves, big ones and small ones, procedural ores and water (in the caves), in every kind of biomes, and little details for animations when you’re cold or hot. Pretty much everything like Zelda but with little different aspects. Though, please give settings for graphics whether it’s Future (if you use it.) or Compatiblity. And please make the lighting good or even add Cel Shading.

1 Like

Alright, thank you! If you want feel free to join our discord server and give us suggestions there.

1 Like

Oh ok, I will do that. Thanks for the game by the way. :wink: (why did it turn my smiley face to an emoji?)

1 Like

Ah. You beat me to it. I was actually working on a Zelda like game with pbr textures. Guess I’ve got competition now. Anyways, looks pretty good. The trees look awkward sitting by themselves. Usually in forest-like areas, they are cluttered together to form a “roof” or canopy. Other than that, I’m excited to have some challenge. Best of luck to you and your developers!

This is amazing, it doesn’t even look like Roblox. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

I hope roblox improves game performance for big games such as this

also this game is really cool great job

1 Like