Drift car 3d model WIP

Im making this car to use in roblox, not done yet doe.

27 Likes

Wow really nice! Looks very real and I like the colors that you chose for the exterior. Keep it up!

5 Likes

Thanks, the design isnt actually mine its just a copy of this car

3 Likes

This looks absolutely stunning. I’ve been trying to get better at modeling cars. Do you have any resources/tips? Thanks!

2 Likes

oh, thats sick. i love it 100% except for the spoiler and a lot of the back.

2 Likes

Thank you, for car modelling im not exactly the right person to tell tips but:
1: Keep the topology even all around the car (make sure the density doesnt change drastically)
2: Try to use only quads (Triangles in subsurf can cause weird reflections)
3: Make the topology flow around parts of the car such as the fender and lights and vents (this way you dont stretch any polygons and create pinching)
4: Try to avoid using poles, they mess up the reflections noticeably
5: Dont add bevels or support loops until the entire base of the car is complete
thats all i can really think of

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ve got a couple more questions. Should I use the cube method, or create a plane for each part, or another way? Also, when I get the back or side finished, its hard to see the front. I don’t know if that makes sense, but there are so many vertices and things that it seems to make it 10 times harder to do the front. How would I combat that? My final questions are, how long did this vehicle in specific take to create, and how long did it take you to get good at modeling cars? Sorry if this is worded horribly, but anyways, thanks again and have a great night!

2 Likes

This is absolutely astonishing! Amazing job! :smiley:

3 Likes

The plane method is definitely better and easier as well, starting with the Hood or anywhere past the door and front window is easy. And to clear up the vertices go into edit mode, select the vertices you need to see and press Shift+H, that should hide every Vertice in that object excluding the ones you selected, once you are done press Alt+H to unhide those vertices, and it took me about 5 days to progress into this car and around 2 months to get into car modelling (i had 6 months of blender experience prior though)

1 Like

You are a life saver! I’ve restarted multiple projects already because I couldn’t see anything cause of all the vertices. I’m going to keep improving on my modeling and hopefully I can make something to this caliber soon. Once again, love the car and thank you!

1 Like

No problem, and goodluck for your future projects :+1:

1 Like

Wow my mind is blowing up with beati my eyes hurt.

1 Like