Drive Along (open world project on roblox)

Hello fellow developers,
I’m coolcostupit and I’ve been working on an open world project for roblox for 4 years +. I have now opened a topic to get my game popular. Feedback and updates will now be announced here.

I changed a lot of things and reprogrammed half of the game

• I found out about the roblox content streaming api, there was just one problem and that was: half of the game was played through the player’s client, so the game was fairly easily exploitable. After I rewrote all local scripts, I wrote several algorithms that simplify the sending of server packets to the client.

• I wrote a so called plugin module which is useful for the server as well as the client

• I made many other modules or plugins for the homemade pluginloader: VehicleSpawner+ , CollisionAcollator, NetwordThreating, ServerAdmin, DatastoreStar, DirectNodesHandler, PathModule (A* for the navi system), NaviPlugin, CamPlugin and many more.

• I’ve organized everything nicely into folders and made it as easy to configure as possible

and after all the changes, i came up with the idea of making a so-called placeholder for the game with all base systems but without the map and quite undetailed, so just for testing.

current options for my game:

• minimap system which can show visuals to the route

• bloxburg based building system

• car buying, selling and tuning system

• inverse kynematics , for the steering wheel system and more

• realistic roads and collision system for cars

• Jobs:
    Gas Station Cashier
    Robber
    Supplier
    Pizza delivery
    And more coming soong…

• food and hunger system

• Restaurants with cashier system

• Gas stations with refueling and cashier system

• Radio system

• Loading screen system (Pre loads road nodes and waits for any datastore to be loaded)

So if anyone wants to play it (please be as honest as possible with feedback I won’t deny any criticism):

Drive Along link

Alpha gameplay (short)

3 Likes