Drone Simulator (Fatal problem)

As some of you have known, Our studio had been developing Drone Simulator. As a Director, I am in charge of directing our game. We came through fatal problems.
Most of you guys here had some failure and success with your projects, and that is what I need you guys here… Suggestions, Suggestions, Suggestions

• We do not know where to start off of
  • We do not know how to keep the players interested
  • I do not know how to gain trust of our developeres
  • The game idea structure has problemes inside
  • We tried doing story mode but we cannot do it without bringing in real robloxians but what difference does it make to other rpg games…
    The game idea (Current)

---- Drone simulator is similar to Fall Out 4. Players lives in a underground sci fi city. You can acquire new drones, upgrade them, and add weapons and accessories to them. The underground city runes on energy, Players send and control drones to hunt beasts and earn money off of that. When you reach above ground, you get to explore the wonderful terrains. You sell the energy underground and get money for new drones. There will be many different game modes.

Fatal damages to it…
*The game itself as no infinite outcomes to it. Example: Jailbreak is not just an robbery game, its more about teaming up inside, fighting each other, having arguments etc.

• It makes no difference with other boring rpg games…

• There is no ultimate goals to reach, no bosses no anything…

We have really good develoeprs, but … without a good idea, this cannot success, so help me, developers.

Special Note
I believe this is under game design. (Since we are trying to modify the game ideas etc.) Correct me if I am wrong

3 Likes

I think the problem here is that the idea is too simple you live underground and fight beasts with drones above ground to earn money try making it more complex but not too much for example you can add pvp or a trading system and a story would be nice also but you should make it optional since some players might not like it.

A lot of successful games are complex in their own way of way like jailbreak, swordburst etc. I think you should check out and observe games like Halo, Destiny etc. these are very successful and you can learn a lot from them a good way to start is YouTube watch gameplay, story likewise videos.

And of course resort to nature; games like Dragon adventures in Roblox have dragons that are made with the inspiration of real creatures like beetles,axolotls etc. this could help a lot with the beasts and the drones.

hope this helped!
Good luck with your game!

Hey Epic, thank you for your reply, I am thinking adding robloxians into the fight too, and not just monsters, but I am also thinking how to get players involved with each other, not just the game it self? @epicnerdygamer

you mean like AI’s or players?

players
30 chara…

Is there a version of the game we can test?
I would need to get a feel for the mechanics of the drones and general gameplay to say anything about replayability, design, story, etc.

I will say that there have been very few games that I’ve personally bothered listening to the story due to Roblox’s nature, and thus I feel it’s a difficult market to push for on Roblox (especially since most players are either really old, like me, or super young).

I’m really curious how you have handled the physics and feel of flying a drone in Roblox. In most flying games (such as @Crazyman32), the mechanics and feel of flight come first and everything else second in his games, and they feel awesome for it.
In other words, if your drones are not interesting to pilot (not too difficult, but require a little practice to get used to), it can really break the experience.

Anyhow, please send a test link I can play around in and, of which I’ll be happy to give proper feedback.

You seem like the guy that hires devs to make games for you. You can hire a game designer to solve this problem for you. I dont think people are willing to design your game in a single dev forum post. Designing games takes time too! Games arent something you can design in an hour. Games takes years to DESIGN.

Directors are typically game or art designers themselves.

Try to hire roblox designers since they k ow wgat the platform is, its limitations and demographic. However I do not know their competence.

1 Like

This may sound stupid, but I thought of players each controlling different sections. For example, 1 player could be controlling the movements, while the other player controls the attacks. The rewards could then be split. This would be more ideal between friends with great communications and not strangers.
OR
Two players, or more, maybe 4, could start a faction where they produce drones and they grow their faction. One player is in charge of managing where the drones would go and another in charge of producing the drones. They can grow their faction and start hosting trips to the outside world once they advanced enough. The customers could be NPCs.
After all, players trying to survive fights each other for items sounds wrong unless there are no more left on the outside.

Wow great ideas! thanks mate!
30 char…

1 Like

Here are some ideas:
-Boss battles
-PVP drones battles
-Drone races (users have to pass into flying circles and race for the first place)

Hope some of these can help you!

Great thanks!
30 char…

1 Like