Dubai, United Arab Emirates [GAME FEEDBACK]

Hi everyone! I have made a game based on the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, I wanted to show it to others and ask for feedback on the game; and what should be changed or added. Thank you!

Game Link:

3 Likes

Get rid of the free models and you’d have a blank game.

4 Likes

For me (and I’m sure with many others), I just don’t really see the game having any ‘purpose’ in it, or in other words there isn’t really anything to do in the game besides walk and drive around.

I’m not one to judge using free models, I myself use the toolbox to its fullest potential. However, the game overall seems more or less carelessly built, and it lacks any soul or spirit in it. There also is a lack of any proper building techniques with the models, as a lot of models such as the roads are uneven, clipping other models, or just not being flushed with others.

Even with all of these modeling issues, I feel the largest issue would be with the map layout itself. The game is supposedly supposed to give the full experience of Dubai, but the map in this game does not quite match the layout of the actual city. It seems the only thing giving this game any resemblance to Dubai is the Burj Khalifa skyscraper, while disregarding the other parts of the city entirely. Besides the Lamborghini police car in the spawn area, there isn’t any other symbol, text, or flag that makes you feel like you’re in Dubai, or the UAE.
Here shows how the area where the game map is located should look like:

Burj Khalifa via satellite imagery (the skyscraper with three protruding sections, and with a shadow twice the length of its neighbors).

Burj Khalifa via street imagery.

The two screenshots came directly from Google Earth. Using real satellite imagery, as well as the street view feature that Google Earth has, you can pinpoint tiny amounts of detail and translate that into your game.

The game overall is highly lacking. It not only doesn’t really give you anything fun to do in the game, but it also doesn’t resemble Dubai really at all, which just gets rid of the whole purpose of the game, to experience Dubai in its fullness.

If you do feel like making this into a fully-fledged game, I would consider first adding content to the game. You could for example make a job and housing system and turn this game into a roleplaying one. You could also just go the showcase route.
But just as important of the game content is the map itself. If you intend to make the game map resemble actual Dubai, or even just a portion of it, I would highly recommend using Google Earth and Google Maps, just to get the most accurate references and street views. You wouldn’t even need the buildings and other models to be 100% accurate or even realistic, as long as more famous and prominent landmarks are expressed more, with the less noticeable parts of Dubai filling in the background. Any city build of any quality of models which actually resembles the city of Dubai is guaranteed to be an eyecatcher, just from sheer levels of content in the map alone.

Otherwise, that’s all I want to say for my feedback on your game, and I wish you a great day/ night.

2 Likes

Dubai isn’t an american city. The layout is insane.

This game is beyond salvageable

2 Likes