Dwiddle ~ Target Lock On

Just a simple little mechanic to help players aim and find targets, right now it currently just works on other players but; planning on making it work for animals; stationary objects and more stuff:D

Sorry if the target switching looks janky; when your within the range of another object that you can lock onto and your already locked onto something it switches everything to said object

Hope you like it!

16 Likes

Are you going to be using guns in this game. If so i think it could be really cool like clans or teams that are able to go to war with other clans. I think that might be cool.

1 Like

Thats actually a really good question, its a survival game and their are progressions and if you get to a certain point of that advanced progression then yeah youll be able to make guns for sure, havent really thought of guns being in this game but its not something I wont consider!

3 Likes

pretty cool, but the sudden snap to other entities is jarring and may cause motion sickness in some poeple. maybe make it so it slides over instead?

1 Like

if its a more primitive survival with magic elements a wand/crossbow in the place of a gun would be a nice thematic replacement

1 Like

omg thats actually an amazing idea; its more original than guns and yet fits with the games backstory i love it!

1 Like

Look good! Can’t say anything to make it better! Cause it’s already perfect! :smiley:

1 Like

What are you going to use it for? It’s really cool!

Honestly its going to help players aim at things easier and its perfect for pvp which the game will most def have!

1 Like

OH that opens up so many possibilities! Maybe you can add things like AI fighters? Just a suggestion.

2 Likes

So did you have to click the player to lock onto them? I am a tad bit confused.

No you just press a key on your keyboard which in this case is : F

If a player is close enough to the player your locked on or within a 10 stud distance then itll switch to said player

1 Like

It looks so great dude, good job

Yeah that is a great step in the right direction, honestly I’m thinking of having this type of mystical backstory for Dwiddle; so hear goes!

So basically you have this planet and you guessed it; its name is Planet Dwiddle; the inhabitants of Planet Dwiddle are Dwiddles; these are the characters that the players will be playing as

But the twist is that their planet is trying to be conquered and teraformed by another Dwiddle Species which are strictly evil and they look like the above picture; this is why the game will have many different biomes because of the teraforming; adding on to that this foreign Dwiddle Species also brought different materials to the planet and these will be the rare ores that players will be able to find and craft with!

I might have a special place in a certain biome or maybe have different camps of the different dwiddle species in multiple different biomes

3 Likes

I missed hearing your keyboard so much! I love the target Gui, I see a lot of combat opportunities with that!

1 Like

Yeah man this opens up so many possibilities!
Thank you for your support man!

3 Likes

Suggestion: the main town/city on planet Dwiddle should be called Dwiddleton!

Me, @Fab_TheRat, @WITHERBRINE20, are the OG’s we were on your first post about dwiddle. It’s pretty crazy how your game has grown without it published. For the evil species it would be so cool if the player could choose which species which follows a different motive. I would love to be an evil dwiddle. What if some evil ones could look like the non evil ones so that they could sabotage and be the imposter.

2 Likes

Wow that is actually a pretty amazing idea; but the game doesnt exactly have a story line persay but it has a backstory

3 Likes