Dynamic Depth of Field

Greetings! This is my second time posting here.

Today, I’ve made a Dynamic Depth of Field script, and I decided to make it free! I probably won’t use this in a lot of projects, so you all can have it and play around with it (:

this has probably already been done before…

Here is a video demonstrating it!

Now, for the good stuff

This is the testing place, it is uncopylocked

https://www.roblox.com/games/9033311485/Dynamic-Depth-of-Field

This is the toolbox link

THE SCRIPT GOES IN STARTERGUI

https://www.roblox.com/library/9033396040/Dynamic-Depth-of-Field

That’s all I have for today, have a good one! I hope you find this useful (:

33 Likes

What exactly do you mean by “dynamic”?

I thought this was self-explanatory, but I guess it isn’t
basically, it changes if an object is close to the camera; it focuses on the object, making its surroundings have the DoF effect

2 Likes

I thought that’s what Depth of field is…?

This basically just looks like a normal DoF object without any scripting or anything, no offense.

you can watch the video, it can explain it more than I can

This is pretty neat, I might use this for future projects

When OP zooms in, the depth of field gets closer/stronger, in which I don’t think it does that by itself so it has to be scripted. It’s simple, but it’s nice

2 Likes

Not at all. If it were a normal DOF mechanic, all far away objects would be blurred at all times.

As seen in the video, it does nothing unless you are specifically looking at an object. For instance, when he zoomed in a little bit to view his character, the other stuff blurred. When he comes in all the way and specifically got close to an object (as if to examine it), the rest blurred.

Amazing work @Foxxive! I love it.

3 Likes

couldn’t have worded it better myself. thank you for the kind comment! appreciate it :heart::heart:

1 Like

No worries! Thank you for sharing such an amazing tool with the community.

1 Like

This is so epic, I might use this in my game!

2 Likes

I like this! Such a little detail but really makes the difference, I’ll definitely use it in the future.

1 Like

This looks amazing! Definitely going to use this for cutscenes.

1 Like

CREDIT IS APPRECIATED!! HOWEVER, IT IS NOT MANDATORY! (:

i forgot to add this to the post lol

This is epic and amazing tool, i will definitely use it in!

3 Likes

You know. This would be incredibly useful with VR games. It would substantialy decrease motion sickness. Similar to what the PlayStation VR 2 is going to do. Nice work! :+1:

1 Like

i never thought of that, guess i just made an unintentional solution to a big problem :sweat_smile:

thanks for the kind words, too!

2 Likes

Is there any way to make it change the FoV slower, or just in general smoothing up the transition?

1 Like