Dynamic Heads & Facial Animation Preview Beta

how did you get that avatar in?
a mesh

this looks like the blender roblox rig v4 face rig!

Please let this be optional! we need to keep the blox in Roblox

1 Like

Oh god his leg is flat like a pancake

1 Like

uh… can i get FBX? obj is terrifying…

14 Likes

How do you enable Dynamic Head Movement? Is there a setting in Roblox Studios for this?

2 Likes

This really isn’t better though

2 Likes

In the future,do you need to learn weight-painting,rigging and animation for this dynamic head?

2 Likes

will this get rid of normal roblox faces?

3 Likes

David Baszucki’s ultimate goal for Roblox is to make it as realistic as possible. This update is one of many.

1 Like

Ngl it kinda looks like hes pinching his fingers. Pretty disappointed with this

4 Likes

Proof? If anything, this update depicts a cartoonish artstyle. I am almost 90% sure this update’s purpose will mainly serve for their newly implemented voice chat feature. Both features aren’t meant for realism, rather they are just cool and convenient gimmicks. They both even are implemented via developers, and they both aren’t forced.

I think Roblox is still, at their core, letting developers choose their artstyle for their games, hence the implementation of the realistic future lighting for realism, or cel shading being the opposite for a more cartoony feel.

2 Likes

Yes, the more realism brought to Roblox = a better experience.

2 Likes

We have posted an update on some of the work we’ve been doing and we’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts and feedback.

10 Likes

tbh the more realistic ones just should be put on the backboard until somehow people get comfortable with rthro.

3 Likes

I’m gonna have a fun time sleeping tonight

6 Likes

I will say something short regarding this thing…

disgusting

5 Likes

Would be cool to see a procedural lipsync feature created for this in the future like the one oculus documented and opensourced

Reference:

4 Likes

They actually are working on this!

7 Likes

Oh cool! I hope they allow creators to utilize this too for games that have voiced NPC dialouge. Maybe a tool of some kind that listens to roblox sounds in game

5 Likes