Dynamic Heads & Facial Animation Preview Beta

Those are some buff hands. He/she has been working out…

I would love the left one without that hand. It’ll be really cute with Roblox normal hand and left one head.

Swap out images in line with the dialogue you want. Takes a long time, but it works.

To be honest, I would quit roblox if this was the “New roblox”. I been playing since 2017 “i think” (on my alt that I have no idea what happened to it) I like the old retro look without those details. Roblox is not suppose to be a game of max graphics “RTX” stuff, so yeah if you do implement this feature please keep the old avatars, thanks!

3 Likes

Is Roblox’s latest shutdown anyway related to this?

1 Like

There’s been some speculation to this I’ve seen on various sites. David Baszucki had an IAmA on reddit yesterday and it could be a possible theory, though if this wasn’t an actual outage and a pretend outage, it would leave a lot of players, and especially developers, upset.

1 Like

Is this an update for halloween?

2 Likes

Can’t wait for this!
Perfect facial animations!

7 Likes

You do realize roblox is down lol

1 Like

Yes, obviously.
The post above was a joke.

1 Like

Because we have nothing else to do?
Keep in mind your one of those people.

1 Like

imagine a mute person being confused as to why their roblox roleplay child is swearing in 15 different languages

3 Likes

As much as people hate R15, This adds more expression in R15. It’s more smooth and awesome, I hope people enjoy the hard work you guys put into the roblox engine.

6 Likes

I gotta agree with you, I’m ok with the advanced lighting since it contrasts really well with the blocky avatars but some of this new stuff just doesn’t seem to fit anymore with the current popular Roblox games.
If I were to suggest an alternative it would be to allow custom avatars to be easier to create (as it is pretty limiting right now/very unintuitive).

The left one looks good although it is still crossing the uncanny valley (not realistic enough to be realism but not cartoony enough to be a cartoon).

3 Likes

Yep, anyway the introducing of this feature may break many games from things such as cloning body parts.

1 Like

HOW

7 Likes

I wanted ShapeKey but nice work.
but i can’t use it. how to set FaceControl?
Gui

2 Likes

How to give children a Trauma 101.

roblox has a huge tendency to abandon things even if it doesn’t make sense, hell people have made amazing games which are a marvel even with roblox’s bare bones vr system, which shows that it had potential.

Not the mention the massive amount of kids with quests nowdays which are in the exact age range that roblox wants.

Just saying, roblox loves abandoning things and this feature is already pretty bugged on release, not to mention how it falls face first into the uncanny valley

1 Like

very interesting. it dose look a bit like the future I just want my normal roblox avatar