Dynamic Heads & Facial Animation Preview Beta

That’s exactly what their objective is, and it is a pretty good one

11 Likes

Terrifying, but also a very good use of tech. I have high hopes for this feature and how it may be integrated into experiences in the future!

12 Likes

Wow! This is amazing to hear! This actually seems great!!

also

why

38 Likes

Actually a big fan of this, but some people obviously do not like this. Will this be optional? I still haven’t found a way to push my M1 Chip yet! This might be the opportunity!

12 Likes

My question is why is this being locked to plugins, since mesh deformation already works in runtime and it doesn’t really make sense in my opinion to lock it behind PluginSecurity.

@darkmodeonn Also, you seem to have contradicted yourself in your post since you say:

Yet proceed to say that the feature for animating is not yet out:

9 Likes

The right one has just brought my childhood nightmares back to life, the left one looks great but, the right one… O h G o d . . .

17 Likes

This is amazing but terrifying.

11 Likes

Honestly, this looks amazing for a Beta feature! really hope this will be released fully into the future.

10 Likes

Excited to see where this goes!

8 Likes

Very important question. Since voice chat is going to be released soon. Are you planning on making the players mouth dynamic Change when the player speaks

13 Likes

This is my critiscm, my opinion. And how is making this improving the platform?
Screenshot 2021-10-14 192317

Does this look like roblox to you bro? Like, if you told someone in 2008 that roblox is going to be like this one day, they’d think you’d be crazy.

This is worse than RTHRO if I’m gonna be honest, again my opinion.

45 Likes

Hold what do you define has Roblox looking anyway

5 Likes

The classic everyday roblox players we see, 2D faces. I mean I’m not trying to say that roblox can’t change anything, I’m just saying this is a horrible way to do it. Is there even really a use for animated faces? I need a situation for when this is needed, someone lmk.

18 Likes

he doesn’t know what’s about to happen
oh yeah also i hate the one on the right, but i’m okay with the one on the left
not the biggest fan of roblox becoming more realistic, but i’m outnumbered

8 Likes

This is actually extremely great, and gives more freedom to developers to have more expressive characters. Other than the bizarre alternative face mesh and the weird squishy body, I’d actually use this for my games, especially in cutscenes.

Cool features to note:
Everything from hair, hats and glasses is layered. You can have multiple hairs on top of each other and the hair will become thicker, and hats will wrap around the hair accordingly. Glasses also adjust to the character’s eyes, which is quite great for people who want to have glasses that fit with their character’s head.

Hair, hats and skin tone can also be recolored with a slider in this, which could give amazing amounts of customization. General quality has also been highly improved with PBR (reflective glasses, hair having normal maps etc)
The emotes shown in the demo are also made extremely expressive and infinitely more believable simply due to the facial expressions, even if the emotes aren’t that well made. Personally, I think people are simply overreacting over this optional feature which could majorly benefit developers and players.

The only issue I have would be the other face, which looks like one of those GFX images you’d see on front page games that try to look friendly but that end up looking horrifying.

also, best part of this: we can finally pog on roblox

32 Likes

Good

Bad

I think that the top one is great. It fits Roblox’s style well. I think the one on the bottom is pretty bad honestly. It just doesn’t seem right.

The only thing I’m not sure about on the top one would be the hands.

71 Likes

Amazing feature. But next please, hair flow physics soon? Or just clothing like physics

12 Likes

What? People probably said the same thing when r15 was announced.

9 Likes

The one on the left looks great but

this scares me

20 Likes

You’re right, I can give you credit for this. I like the type of face that’s shown in what you posted, not the other one. It’s weird.

6 Likes