Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

Damn that lighting looks amazing It would be nice if you could showcase how you pulled that lighting set up of when this update comes out :slight_smile:

No way is that actually, Ben Shapiro is this real lol I really doubt it

3 Likes

How did you get the clouds? I really want to test them out.

1 Like

I have ALWAYS been facinated with storms. I have tried to make Storm Chasing games in the past, but I have always struggled with making it look realistic. I am really exited for this feature, and think I could really make some pretty cool storm chasing games.

3 Likes

You can always just use a particle emitter to make rain drops.

3 Likes

There is even a really good rain module here:

8 Likes

Would you later be able to edit how close and far the clouds are? I think it would be really good to use for volumetric fog.

2 Likes

The preview looks pretty nice and realistic, can’t wait to see this used in games

Yea same it looked so much better and realistic when they showed it off at RDC

2 Likes

You should be able to pull northern lights off with ParticleEmitters, tbh. Particle emitters have insane potential and are probably usable for something like that

2 Likes

will there be viewportframe support?

Volumetric clouds and dynamic skies in ROBLOX? You guys are really making some awesome advancements recently, I can’t wait to see this feature added, even if it takes a really long time!

2 Likes

It probably wont be much, roblox actually cares about the game performance (example: gui blur)

FINALLY, you can actually feel as if you are literally flying in the sky in those airline games.
Just a question, will there be a possible update where the clouds actually produce rain? If so, can we adjust the intensity of the water droplets hitting the ground and the rain stopping once we go above the clouds? That would be pretty lit.

2 Likes

oh yay this is gonna make trench warfare so much more fun!
ok but seriously this is gonna be sick and im looking forward to it

1 Like

I have been waiting for this since forever! I always thought the sky looked kind of blank, so I’m glad we can edit the density!

As for looks, well, I can’t really judge yet, but they look very nice from the picture given.

No, I just used inspect element as a joke.

I love this idea, now I can see the sunrise in roblox! :slight_smile:

This is really amazing and all, but when are we going to receive FogStart and FogEnd properties for the atmosphere? :wink:

6 Likes

I’ve wanted this for so long. I’m extremely excited for this feature to come to studio. :slight_smile:

3 Likes