Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

FINALLY, you can actually feel as if you are literally flying in the sky in those airline games.
Just a question, will there be a possible update where the clouds actually produce rain? If so, can we adjust the intensity of the water droplets hitting the ground and the rain stopping once we go above the clouds? That would be pretty lit.

2 Likes

oh yay this is gonna make trench warfare so much more fun!
ok but seriously this is gonna be sick and im looking forward to it

1 Like

I have been waiting for this since forever! I always thought the sky looked kind of blank, so I’m glad we can edit the density!

As for looks, well, I can’t really judge yet, but they look very nice from the picture given.

No, I just used inspect element as a joke.

I love this idea, now I can see the sunrise in roblox! :slight_smile:

This is really amazing and all, but when are we going to receive FogStart and FogEnd properties for the atmosphere? :wink:

6 Likes

I’ve wanted this for so long. I’m extremely excited for this feature to come to studio. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This could be one of the greatest features that Roblox has ever had after FIB3, PBR, and more… I can’t wait to see more of realism getting into Roblox!
I am quite curious about how much this will impact the performance and how Developers will use it in their showcases :thinking:
But is it available In Studio or just a certain amount of tester?

4 Likes

Im happy too that its here for only studio and being released next week. Its perfect for showcase or anything :star_struck:

1 Like

Oh my FRACKING GOD!!! TIME TO GET READY FOR SOME REALISTIC TERRAIN!!!

THANK YOU, this will be so useful in creating realism!!!

2 Likes

The clouds are still in heavy development but upon release it will be located as a object in lighting. Similar to the atmosphere.

Thanks Roblox!
This always amazes me.

3 Likes

Great at least we dont need to use beams for clouds.

edit: I said trails instead of beams im silly ain’t I?

3 Likes

This is amazing, would really improve games that heavily rely on realism.

5 Likes

Too bad most roblox players with low end pc cant play those games or roblox severs cant handle them.

If they improve the graphics and server performance Realism would be in maximum overdrive

Well there’s hoping ROBLOX can optimize it. Plus I suppose developers can have it be toggleable.

3 Likes

YEEEEET will clouds be able to move?

1 Like

Nice! :+1: I think that a lot of builders and other developers who would like to add realism to their game would like this update, and it would help a lot of people who are showcasing their realistic game.

I switched to a Roblox Studio branch that had clouds (sitetest2), and my FPS has dropped down from 60 to 6FPS immediately.

Without clouds, full resolution:

With clouds, full resolution:

Serious optimizations need to be done if you expect low-end devices to be able to run with clouds.
(my GPU is trash but the point still holds)

14 Likes

Yes. As according to RDC 2020 it will mostly likely move.

1 Like