Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

Woah, they’re out for me today and they look SO good

2 Likes

Thanks for the news, I thought that ROBLOX was going to cancel it cause people said that ROBLOX canceled it.

1 Like

I mean, obviously not. Roblox wouldn’t announce this at RDC, make a beta and then just drop it completely. It would be a lot of work wasted.

2 Likes

When this comes out i can now make realistic horror games

3 Likes

@Joshablez they have to work on other updates / bugs while trying to fix this too. So you can understand why it’d take forever for them to release this out to the public

3 Likes

GUYS! There’s a update you ever have been waiting for so long since 2020 for roblox clouds feature. A Roblox Developer revealed something about it.

They finally started working on this feature aka clouds! :star_struck:

8 Likes

Is there going to be an option to alter the altitude/height of said clouds?

2 Likes

Looks like they’re starting to roll it out.

5 Likes

Update:

1 Like

In that phase, It will look like this.

Sorry for low quality. If you want to see more about it, Go to the twitter page with a link i sent. But ngl they look so amazing. I can’t wait for it to release then i will mess around with it.

Also credit to CloneTrooper1019 for the picture.

2 Likes

Just seen the video and DAM. It looks a lot better than how it looks currently. Now, the question is, when will they rollout phase 2?

1 Like

Only around july or august I think. It’s not confirmed though

I managed to enable the new higher quality clouds, here is a screenshot that shows how they look like:

Its a really really big improvement compared to the last version of these clouds though I did find some small quite annoying things about these new higher quality clouds:

The new clouds sometimes have these weird looking outlines dark that look really irritating

They are still a repetitive noise texture (That is only noticeable from afar though)

And that they don’t react to light yet

I hope that all these small things get fixed & improved in the future but so far so good, seeing really big visual improvements :smiley:

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, what flags did u enable to access the clouds?

First of all, you gotta use the sitetest3 studio branch

then just search clouds and override RenderClouds to true
(I suggest you override everything though because I’m not really sure)

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Sad thing about the clouds beta is that we cant still go above the clouds but i do understand its in the beta though, patience will always be the key.

The way it seems with clouds releases we probs will be able to go above clouds in December ish time - I personally think so. I mean it could be quicker depending on how much time Roblox put into it. Ig u could argue they might release phase 1c before the end of the year if they keep working on it.

facts

1 Like

Really love how they look, thanks! (Yes, first thing i did is make pink clouds because priorities)

5 Likes

Clouds actually do look like this in the real sky, if you look closely.

2 Likes

Yeah I know, but in this case, it just looks kind of odd/weird

3 Likes