Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

Would it be possible to I guess animate these to make tornados or hurricanes

Interesting, serves for my decorative map

1 Like

This is really awesome, great work guys.

now we just need the ability to change skybox colour3, to allow for space like transitions

3 Likes

When will we get beta access to this, because I don’t have access to it in studio?

1 Like

It will be released next week! :wink:

2 Likes

Hey look! there’s a elephant!
this is going to be so good, more creative options for skies

1 Like

This feature is insanely cool and it’ll for sure save me from modeling random 3D clouds in Blender and have my business partner program them to look like real clouds and mess with performance and such.

I really hope with this lunching, it doesn’t break anything like grass, since this has happened a ton with huge updates but other than that. Super excited for the release of phase 1 of this!

Thank you for this fabulous update, looking forward to play around with this and possibly go back to gradient skies! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Oh my grapes those clouds look so cool I’m so excited to use that feature in studio!

2 Likes

Yay! Finally, more dynamic skies! I can’t wait to experiment with the new features and hope to implement it into my own game. Thank you for all of your hard work!

1 Like

Sorry for spoiling this early on Twitter lol.

29 Likes

Will you be able to go above the clouds (for games where you go to space, i could see this being an amazing feature), furthermore, if the aforementioned is true, is there going to be a way to set at which Y height they appear?

Edit: apologies for not reading the original post entirely, and then posting a useless reply.
:fox_face:

4 Likes

It says in the Announcement you’ll be able to test it in the next week

1 Like

As a Roblox builder i like messing with lighting ane i all i can say is WOW

1 Like

What happened to more terrain decorations?

Also can we expect to maybe see a weather system implemented?

7 Likes

FINALLY! Thanks so much!!! Can’t wait!!!

1 Like

Nice Update!, when are phases 1b and 1c going to be available? or more imporantly, when will I be able to use it in production?

Also, I’d take this as an apology for the entire Tommy Tallarico thing…

4 Likes

Looks awesome!

Personally lighting fascinates me, so I’m excited to see what other lighting developers can do :D!

1 Like

Let’s see If I can make it rain cats and dogs in one of the upcoming updates. :partying_face:

Nice work Roblox, a lot of new content for developers are rolling out that we really appreciate.

1 Like

This is a great update this will make roblox have more and more realism into it

1 Like

Will we be able to move the cloud layer up/down?

These clouds, especially if we can color them, would make for great nebulae for my space game; the only issue is I need them at the bottom of the skybox rather than the top…

I’m excited to see what I can do with these clouds :smiley:

6 Likes