Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

Im not this time I swear Haha. Max retweeted it but the original was deleted. https://twitter.com/MaximumADHD

Is there a link to the retweet? I can’t find it.

1 Like

If the original tweet was deleted then so was the retweet Im pretty sure. Let me see if I sent a pic in one of my friends DM’s.

2 Likes

Screenshot 2021-07-08 215004
Explain please.

3 Likes

Lmao I knew this would happen again. @Maximum_ADHD

2 Likes

Will we ever see a Wind object that will affect physics? Since you mentioned it. It would make sense to add such a feature because Roblox in the early days was used for physics simulation. Nevertheless, clouds look a lot better already!

3 Likes

I know right! That’d be so cool. Imagine if there was a lightning property of wind and how strong it is + the direction of the wind. And in a property of a part, you can toggle if wind affects the part, and how much it affects the part. And also players could be affected by the part too! That’d be useful for creating a realistic tree!

Unity is a good example.

Wind object could overwrite Cloud’s and Grass wind simulation within its zone to easily simulate weather.

1 Like

It was real, I swear. I even messaged him about the problem.

1 Like

No this screenshot wasnt from his video. The screenshot was from someone he retweeted. The person who originally tweeted it must have deleted the post.

2 Likes

Can I see the dms? That’d be cool.

1 Like

Sure thing.

1 Like

Why is there drama involved with clouds. The building community is really unique.

8 Likes

you are inspiration for my life

1 Like

It irritates me how he never learns and keeps spreading false rumours acting like hes some genious lol. Its dumb. But oh well, still excited for the clouds.

2 Likes

Yeahh but, its real. You have no evidence that its fake, but Ig you guys have no evidence that its real. Also, I’m very bad at editing so I wouldn’t even be able to pull off an image of that realism with shadows and advanced sun rays.

2 Likes

uhhh what do you mean? the post is still here.

5 Likes

Okay thank you. Couldn’t find it, I thought it was deleted.

:+1:

2 Likes

Have to agree with @LaAeroooo, at first I did think you were lying again.

No offense, but the problem is that you did something like this before by lying about having more information about future updates, getting people to add you on discord, and then sending them a photo of Baseplate with Phase 1 Clouds. People are more than right to be skeptical, and honestly, I don’t want to trust with with anything you say regarding clouds or any similar update.

Also you kinda dug yourself into an even deeper hole by expecting others to take your word despite the fact that you’ve shown that you can’t be trusted.

I’m not sure you understand how suspicious that quote sounds.

5 Likes

As planned, we’re enabling the Clouds MVP today for production release (on PC and Mac only). And since this is a newly released feature out of Studio Beta we have some notes to advise on it’s use:

• Mac Open GL is a deprecated API, however we still support this configuration for access on older machines, but during next week or so users may experience clouds rendering problems on those configs until we enable that config.

• Also during this first week of production release, if the graphics device does not support 3D textures, then clouds may not appear on higher quality levels until we enable fallbacks for those devices.

• Finally, again in the coming week or so, we will further enable clouds for mobile devices.

After these, we expect clouds will have few or no issues for all Roblox experiences, but please do report any visual inconsistencies you might see. We are already in progress on further improvements to lighting, sky, atmosphere, etc. as mentioned before.

43 Likes