Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

How do i add these clouds into studio?

2 Likes

Maybe the sample rate is set at a low value for the sunrays?

add the cloud object to terrain after you enable beta

1 Like

No,its because of spread which is basically noise.And sunrays upgrade is in the way,i think,As the new cloud got some suns rays.Its pretty invisible though

Though,It looks more like that roblox is implementing volumetric lightning,Not radial suns rays

2 Likes

Cant wait to see how much things we could do with this new tech it would definitely make roblox seem like unreal engine lol

2 Likes

With more fps lol (300 character)

Wonderful! There is actual clouds now that actually move, this is going to be great for a lot of games. Can’t wait to see developers use this feature

2 Likes

Hi! I am currently using this feature in my in-development game, and I have some feedback which you should consider:

• Add the option to choose the cloud thickness, this would really bring cool dynamics to clouds and games which involve flying planes.
  • Add the option to decide cloud height, the clouds are way too high up, it would help if this option existed.
  • Make clouds 3D, right now they are 2D as you cannot see them from above the clouds.

This is set to happened at phase 1c I think.

I am worried about the lower end devices because they might not be optimized for the 3D clouds even Though Roblox optimized them they might be too realistic for the lower end device to handle. They might be in every game. They can probably add a feature to toggle off clouds in game menu just incase that happens.

I’m pretty sure that just like sunrays, with low enough graphics, clouds will automatically be disabled.

RobloxScreenShot20211024_202554419 (2)
How the clouds look on lowest graphics. Technically it doesn’t disable them it just gives them less detail. It would be better if they added a feature that can disable clouds if you don’t want them in other Roblox games that have them.

In Roblox Studio, turning down your graphics quality will actually reduce the clouds in terms of numbers and details, from what I saw …

Will there ever be a feature added by roblox to allow rain? That’d be very cool to see instead of scripting a rain thing.

6 Likes

Is it possible to change the speed of the clouds? So we can make them halt to a stop or move quickly? Also, is there a way we can lower the clouds? Is it possible for the clouds to be 3D? I went all the way to the top of the clouds and realized that they fade out once you get close. It would be so cool to see clouds wrapping around a rocket and dispersing as a rocket flies through!

1 Like

Well they are 3d you just cant interact with them for now. You will later on though

This feature should really not be parented to Terrain. Why is it not in Lighting? It makes no sense. All other world atmosphere things (lighting, fog, post processing, etc.) are all in Lighting. It even shares the same icon image as skyboxes and atmospheres. Please move this to Lighting.

21 Likes

They would technicly work,There way to Fake volumetric,For ex unitypackage STG,They seperated The volumetric atmosphere into 2 part,The outside,And the inside,And it work really well.By instead of ray marching,It’s just a 2 sided sphere with depth fading and lightning

That would also be great, but it will greatly impact those on low end devices.

You can already do that by doing Clouds.Enabled = false in a localscript. Unless you want to be able to disable them in every game then yeah it’s up to Roblox.