Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

We’ve passed a year over this post I’m still confused why it’s still in phase 1 and not in phase 2 or phase 3

5 Likes

I doubt it, since many script and plugins already exist for adding rain/snow/wind.

1 Like

I think Roblox would take the opportunity to implement a rain feature, lightning feature and snow feature may not be now may not be in a year but someday I’m sure that they will do that.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Make cloud’s not flicker and improve the resolution https://gyazo.com/7b77a11753485f43c1ab1c53c8e32479

1 Like

I think this issue is only you as I haven’t experienced this and I’ve been using clouds for a while now and I’m yet to see such an effect.

It’s more visible near the horizon.

1 Like

Yep. Some guy was like “how much crab rave can i get” and a few million was the answer.

I’m talking about going to graphics settings and disabling clouds On the player’s side.

Does the clouds affect performance?

No, it doesn’t really effect performance.

2 Likes

Yes it does,When i transitioned from the ground to the sky at the horizon,In my game in a noob pc,ITs gonna create a 6 fps lag spike for 0.5 sec

That’s why I said “It doesn’t really effect performance,” that doesn’t guarantee it applies to every experience. It could vary on your computer’s GPU and quality like you said, or it could also depend on the number of assets that are used in your game.

Speaking of the type of GPU. When phase 1c is released will people have to require DirectX 12? If they have a different type of GPU.

Roblox barely even uses GPUs, so I bet even a DirectX 9 GPU can run it, or even Intel integrated graphics.

Roblox definitely does use your GPU. And I’m pretty sure Roblox has ended support for DirectX 9

3 Likes

I say “I bet” meaning I didn’t say 100% is using DiretX 9, and god damn, AND i said roblox barely uses your GPU, I didn’t say it doesn’t use it at all.

1 Like

If you just decided to take two seconds to look in task manager it would easily disprove that point.

I don’t get were this misconception came from as it’s so easy to disprove and takes less then two seconds. If roblox is taking very low utilization of your gpu and you’re laggy you might just need to update your CPU or GPU drivers or motherboard bios, but you should make sure they’re all up to date either way, though just try restarting. If the issue still persists then roblox might just be buggy on your hardware. If not maybe something is faulty in your system but I’m not too sure about that.

6 Likes

I just noticed awful lag on my phone with the Roblox clouds. I turned the clouds off and poof, phone lag is gone. Your mileage may vary. :slight_smile:

Works fine on my gaming laptop though, no lag or performance drop noticed.

I’d say if you’re gonna use these with mobile players for now, I’d detect that and turn them off for Mobile.

I don’t experience any lag when using dynamic clouds, even one my oldest 2012 laptop. Plus, I don’t see any dynamic clouds in your map.

2 Likes

Dynamic Clouds runs perfectly well on my Windows 10 PC with DirectX 11. I do not believe that this feature will be restricted to DirectX 12.

2 Likes