Dynamic Weather Module Showcase

What is the Dynamic Weather Library?

The Dynamic Weather Library is a system designed to utilize the Roblox Clouds feature to plug realistic dynamic weather into your ROBLOX games. This Library has took months for me to tweak and develop perfectly for just a Beta release (Coming Oct 30).

How does it work?

There are 4 values. Temperature, Humidity, Wind Sheer, and Atmospheric Pressure. Each of these values has an effect on the clouds.

In Full Depth

I’m sure most of you reading this have been taught the Weather Cycle. Evaporation occurs, (Sun’s heat turning water into a gas), then Condensation occurs, (the conversion of a vapor or gas to a liquid), then precipitation occurs, (When water droplets become heavy enough to fall to the atmosphere). And it loops around and around again.

With this system, when the temperature rises more evaporation will occur creating more clouds. When the wind sheer rises, the clouds will become fuzzier. When the air pressure lowers, more clouds with form, when Humidity rises, the more clouds will form.

What does evaporation have to do with temperature?

“Although water can evaporate at low temperatures, the rate of evaporation increases as the temperature increases.” As ACS says, along with several different sources.

What does Wind Sheer have to do with how fuzzy the clouds are?

Some of you may not know what the definition of wind sheer exactly is. So here it is. “variation in wind velocity occurring along a direction at right angles to the wind’s direction and tending to exert a turning force.” Clouds will get fuzzier because they are being torn apart as the wind is at different speeds and directions at different heights.

What does the air pressure have to do with clouds forming?

Some of you again may not know what air/atmopsheric pressure is. Here is the definition. “the pressure exerted by the weight of the atmosphere, which at sea level has a mean value of 101,325 pascals (roughly 14.6959 pounds per square inch).” Basically, its easier for vapor to rise and condense when the weight of the atmosphere is less high.

What does humidity have to do with how many clouds form?

Well, humidity is water vapor in the air. Which basically means that evaporation is already occuring which could form more clouds easier.

Showcase

Here are some images of the system at work.

General

Rain

Snow

When?

I’m currently aiming for Halloween. I am gonna be packing everything up and creating the forum for release.

Can I test?

Yes! Below this I will provide a link to a public version of these clouds (that will look worse than in the photos because I’m using unreleased flags in the photos) for you to test out. Theres not much you can do, maybe stay in it for a while. Report bugs/suggestions to me on discord (Dom#1466)

31 Likes

it really looks nice. when is the full not beta release? are you adding more things like sleet, hail, or whatever? really cool.

1 Like

Hail is already implemented. I just forgot to put a picture in. Also yes, I am planning to add all the basic weather types. I am also adding several different values that will be enabled/disabled depending on the values. (Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Etc)

The full release is not planned. I will release it once I think its 100% perfect and everybody thinks its good as well.

This looks really cool! Will it run smoothly on mobile though?

Also great job on making the rain effect not stop on objects!

1 Like

I have not tested yet. Ill be sure to update you once testing for mobile players begins :+1:

1 Like

Hello, just a thought of wisdom. No game is 100% perfect. If you believe your game is good and the feedback is positive. Launch it. :+1::smirk:

1 Like

Id really love to be notified when this is available.

1 Like

Maybe I should make a discord server for the stuff I make? Ill be sure to invite you if I do.

2 Likes

Xys8AY3bbp Is the code for the server. The server is mainly for feedback communication, or to receive update pings.

1 Like

It really looks nice. I like the dark theme of it, adds a nice aesthetic vibe to it. Keep it up.

how to uhh search servers by code.

1 Like

Looks amazing! I was just wondering would the rain or snow move in a certain direction based on the wind and how fast it goes down would be based on the air pressure (Idk if I’m saying it correctly)

1 Like

Extremely Cool weather module can’t wait til it comes out. :+1:

1 Like

go to image at the bottom of your server list,
image Press join
imagethen insert the code

I do not have that in there. That is actually an incredible Idea. I will think on it!

2 Likes

Looks really nice, great job. I look forward to seeing different weather types in the future.

1 Like

No rush or anything, but any new update/information on the Dynamic Weather Module System?

1 Like

Hey there. I have some news for you!

My wifi adapter broke Oct 21st, which means I couldnt do anything with the system for a long time. So, things are being delayed. I got it just yesterday, and already have been at work attempting to get the beta release ready. I have a new goal for the 13th. Sorry for the inconvenience! Get ready for release. (As long as everything goes smoothly)

2 Likes

No problem! No rush, completely understandable. I was also having similar issues about 2 months ago. Hindered my ability to access anything related to Roblox for about a month, until I got it fixed with my ISP. Best of luck to you! Extremely excited!

1 Like

Update:

Release is almost ready, the beta version may release tonight at 12 AM Mtn time. Me and my friend have been looking deeper, and seem to almost be ready for release! Be ready. I will connect a github to this as well.

2 Likes