/e dance2 clip anti-cheat

E Dance2 clip anti-cheat

Hi there! In a few games I play, including my own, I have seen players using this bug with the /e dance2 emote to clip through walls. I made a little anti-cheat here that will prevent that with R6 avatars!

Model Link: /e dance2 anti-cheat - Roblox

How to use

Just insert the model into ServerScriptService and edit the configuration at the top of the file however you want!

Features

-Customizable settings
-Custom log function
-Custom sound delays
-Bypass list

Configuration

PlaySound (bool) - Will a sound play when the player is teleported?
Soundid (int) - If a sound plays, what’s it’s it?
ConsoleLogs (bool) - Are teleport and player bypasses logged in the Developer Console?
Bypass (list) - A list of userid’s who bypass the anti-clip
CustomLogFunction (function) - A function in which you can write code that will run every time a teleport is made. This is useful for logging it to an admin system

How to suggest/report bugs and issues

Just privately message me! My username is claym1x, I will try to respond as soon as I can.
If for some reason you can’t, feel free to reply to this post!

Forking, editing, or re-making

I don’t mind if you fork or do anything with it’s source code. Use it however you wish, I ask that you don’t claim you made it however.

How it works (for nerds)

The source code functions on the server by waiting for a player to start doing /e dance2. Once that happens it will save their position. Once they stop doing /e dance2, it will wait a pre-determined amount of time. After it waits, it will make a raycast between the old position and the player’s current position. If it intersects a wall, it will teleport them back to where they were + an offset so they don’t just teleport back into the wall

22 Likes

If a player was dancing on a moving vehicle for example, would they get teleported back if the ray cast doesn’t return? Unless you needed “/e dance2” for some function in your game, I would just disable it or remake it through the animation script so there are no edge cases.

The ray cast has to return a part to make a player get teleported. So it would probably try to teleport you back if you are on a moving vehicle and can somehow keep the animation for long enough. I can test this in a little bit and work in a fix, along with some more stuff I have planned

cool, I want to put up a clay mix after installing this in my game

Update to this: Trying to currently work in a system that will detect if the player is moving or has moved during the dance, and will factor that in when using the raycast

2 Likes

Congratulations!, You have learnt how to detect not just /e dance2 clip, but almost any sort of exploit that can noclip through walls.

You could even build on this knowledge to make a whole server sided anti cheat, but that’s just an idea.

I have already made something that does that, but have not released it publicly

I recommend doing this while all emotes are playing as I just used lag laugh and it didnt detect

edit: doing it correctly I could bypass it while adding the laugh animation to the detection but it was insanely difficult

Apologies bumping.

Damn, definitely going to use this in my game! Thanks @Claym1x!