[UPDATE 3] nickibreeki's FPS Template Overhauled

:clipboard:UPDATE 3 IS NOW LIVE!

SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE THREAD, YOU’LL FIND THE UPDATE LOGS!

Hi there, nickibreeki here,

Thank you for checking out this thread. This thread is about releasing the overhauled version of the @Roblox FPS Template and explaining the difference between the Vanilla and the Modification versions.

What’s the difference between the Vanilla and Modification Versions?

The modification version includes various features that ROBLOX didn’t originally feature and addresses the mess left in the original version, making it easier to understand and create a game out of the template.

Modification is Including

• CameraBone Support
    Adds camera movement to the game. This feature will animate your camera if your animation has CameraBone Animation

What’s CameraBone? Watch this video, You can see the Camera Movement, That’s CameraBone! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ec07l8YecQ

SETTINGS DESCRIPTION
AUTO_RELOAD This setting can be seen in Constants ModuleScript which is located in ReplicatedStorage > Blaster > Constants
VIEW_MODEL_USE_PROCEDURAL_SPRINT_ANIMATION This setting can be seen in Constants ModuleScript which is located in ReplicatedStorage > Blaster > Constants
VIEW_MODEL_CAMERABONE_INTENSITY This setting can be seen in Constants ModuleScript which is located in ReplicatedStorage > Blaster > Constants
USE_LEGACY_FIRERATE This setting can be seen in the Gun Setting which is located in ReplicatedStorage > Blaster > Data > Your_Gun_Name,

By set this to “True” the gun will be use the ROBLOX Firerate Version
HEADSHOT_DAMAGE_MULTIPILER This setting can be seen in the Gun Setting which is located in ReplicatedStorage > Blaster > Data > Your_Gun_Name
CAN_AIMDOWNSIGHT This setting can be seen in the Gun Setting which is located in ReplicatedStorage > Blaster > Data > Your_Gun_Name
AIM_CURSOR_WEIGHT This setting can be seen in the Gun Setting which is located in ReplicatedStorage > Blaster > Data > Your_Gun_Name,

When you’re aimming, Your Mouse Sensitivity will be decreased by mouse_sen divide with value

INSTALLATION :floppy_disk:

Installation Requirements :floppy_disk::grey_question:

This installation requires a fresh installation. The original version created by ROBLOX has undergone significant changes from the original, necessitating this approach.

Animation Installation :running_woman::wrench:

It’s acquired to create the weapon animation by yourself, though you also can spoof for the animations!

I permit you to use these resources for free. I do not have any objections, as this template is open-source and intended for everyone to use!

Installation Process :minidisc:

The installation process is simple. Visit the following link, which will redirect you to the game page
Once you’re at the game page, Hover your Mouse/Cursor all the way to 3 Dot and
Click on “Edit In Studio”

chrome_ZU8DN616SD

Will this be the replacement of ROBLOX FPS Template?

It depends on user choice. Users can choose between the vanilla version or the modification version.

Support me :coffee:

Currently there’s only 3 way to support my creation, You can show your support by

Experiencing Bug?

If you are experiencing bugs, please join my Discord server and file a Bug Report in the “Bug Report” channel.

image NickiBreeki's Community

There is a verification process to prevent bots and raiding.
After verification, please use the title “OHFPPT_[yourtitle]” and provide as much detail as possible.

Note that I might have difficulty understanding English as I am a native speaker of another language. Thanks you for picking my my template!

Which one you prefer?
  • Vanilla
  • Modified

0 voters

Are you satisfying with my modification?
  • Yeah! :grin:
  • It’s Ok :+1:
  • Kinda Meh :neutral_face:
  • Nah… :expressionless:

0 voters

2024 FPS Template provided by @Roblox — Modified by @NickiBreeki

UPDATE #3

Friday 8th July 2024 — CLICK TO VIEW UPDATE

“Hey, did you just skip updates 1 and 2?” Nope! The previous thread includes updates 1 and 2, so this is… update 3!

What’s New?

Numerous features have received amazing updates, and I truly enjoyed working on this one!

Shirt Support and Custom Rig

I’ve decided to add clothing options, like shirts, to the view model. Players can toggle this on and off and select the shirt container in Gun Settings. Additionally, the Custom Rig is now officially live!

Recreated Animation System

This update is particularly exciting. I know many of you are tired of scrolling up and down just to configure animations. I’ve redone the animation system! From now on, there is no need to scroll up and down anymore because we have “ModuleScript”.

The animation instance will be created automatically from the server side and stored in a folder called “Animations”. Inside the “Animations” folder, you will find the Weapon Name folder, which contains both “ViewModel” and “WorldModel”.

You may ask, “What’s the difference between ‘viewmodel’ and ‘worldmodel’?”

ViewModel indicates a “View” or perspective model—a model from our perspective. WorldModel represents the third-person character animation, which is what we call “WorldModel”.

1 ViewModel Animation and WorldModel Animations Now Live!

A new ViewModel Animation, “First Equip,” will play every time a player equips the gun for the first time.

https://youtu.be/S6aNIUZB2MY?si=cNCmFpilT15F7p7v&t=7

In past updates, I overlooked this aspect and even forgot it existed. In this update, I decided to give it the attention it deserves!

NEW 3 Constants!

This update primarily focuses on ADS (Aim Down Sights) features.

CONSTANT NAME DESCRIPTION
HIDE_RETICLE_ON_AIMMING Hides the reticle when aiming down sight to improve readability
VIEW_MODEL_AIM_SWAY_INTENSITY Higher values increase sway intensity
VIEW_MODEL_AIM_BOBBING_INTENSITY Higher values increase bobbing intensity

NEW 4 Gun Settings!

This update also introduces new gun settings related to ADS.

CONSTANT NAME DESCRIPTION
AIM_COMPONENT Name of the Aim Component
USE_LEGACY_AIM Enables overwriting the ADS transition
AIM_OFFSET Adjust the center position when ADS isn’t centered
VIEWMODEL_HAS_SHIRT If the ViewModel has a shirt rig, enable this to apply the character shirt to the ViewModel
19 Likes

It’s nice to see that someone is already working on improving the new template, how about the idea of adding a 3-person view?

I also noticed a bug with the animation while running with weapons. Here is a visual video:

1 Like

That’s not a bug :sweat_smile:, That’s Procedural Sprinting Animation, Which is enabled by default.
When Disabled the Animation System will be changed to AnimationTrack Method :grin:

1 Like

How you make a new custom blaster ?

Duplicate the existing Blaster and rename it. Then, duplicate the Data and the ViewModel.
Rename the ViewModel to match the newly renamed Blaster. :blush:

1 Like

Hi, love the new template, Ive added a points and cash system to it. When I add different guns, they do not do damage to the Targets. Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to duplicate the blasters. Thanks JoelbertW

can you attach a screenshot of which Data gets duplicated?

The duplicated data can consist of any “ModuleScript” located in
“ReplicatedStorage > Blaster > Data”.

Once you have duplicated the data, ensure that the name of your duplicated data matches the duplicated Tool.

Regarding the ViewModel, it can be configured in the gun settings under “VIEWMODEL_MODEL”
But Currently, there is no support for custom ViewModel just yet.

You may find a hard time mod it to work if you don’t have like essential to make it work with a custom one… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

However, support for this feature will be available soon, once I find some spare time to work on it.

Ok, thanks. I love it otherwise, it’s quite easy to customize. Not sure if that Data exists, at least not in my experience. I have ReplicatedStorage > Blaster but no Data folder. Anyways, seems to work without that.

Without changing anything, the blaster and the MP5 have a misplaced camera position and the Auto Blaster doesn’t work. How to fix this?

This may require you to reupload the game.

Reuploading the place doesn’t necessarily mean that the animation will be uploaded along with the place.

To ensure it works with your account, you may need to reupload the animation separately and replace the number in the ‘Your_Viewmodel > Animations’ folder :blush:

I’ve been playing around with the default framework a lot recently since I’ve never really made an fps before. Your fork has been extremely helpful.

Thank you.

1 Like

The missing of “Data Folder” in “ReplicatedStorage > Blaster” indicates that you are using an outdated version.

Please update to the current version of the uncopylocked! :happy3:

You mean 3rd person view?
30 min chars

Apologies, but this template is designed specifically for First-Person Perspective (FPS) use, limiting it to first-person view only.

For Third-Person Perspective (TPP) view, I recommend search up on the Toolbox for the “FE Gun Kit” that developed by my friend @thienbao2109.

While its use may require some familiarity, it offers a more user-friendly experience for beginners.