Ease of Managing Places

As a Roblox developer, it is currently inconvenient to efficiently locate and manage my places because there is no option for always-enforced alphabetical sorting. Currently, the filter setting doesn’t save, and I have to perform extra clicks each time to sort my places alphabetically.

Additionally, the recent experiences section is limited in display and navigation. The inability to expand the recent experiences list or cycle through it with arrows makes it difficult to directly find older projects. I often see random backup files instead of the places I need, and I rarely use the “Open a Template” and “Discover Studio” sections. Having an option to show more items at once or to expand this section would greatly improve usability.

When publishing a place, the compressed thumbnails make it hard to quickly identify games without an option to display game icons instead. There are also no sorting options in this interface, which makes publishing places even more inconvenient.

If this issue is addressed, it would improve my development experience because it would streamline project management by making it easier to organize and access my places. Saving the last selected sorting order would provide convenience, saving time when searching for specific games. Expanding the recent experiences or allowing navigation through arrows would enhance usability, as currently I have to click through multiple menus (“See All” > “Group Experiences” > find the group > then find the game) to locate a specific place I’ve worked on just a week ago. Displaying game icons instead of compressed thumbnails, along with an optional always-enforced alphabetical sorting when publishing, would improve visual recognition, leading to a more efficient workflow.

Use Cases:

• Managing Multiple Games: Developers cannot have their alphabetical sort enforced each time because the setting doesn’t save. Each time I open Studio, I have to set it again. I have different projects sorted alphabetically, and the lack of a persistent alphabetical sort disrupts this organization. This is the reason why I want an enforced alphabetical sort.

• Returning to Old Projects: Locating a game that hasn’t been edited recently is difficult due to the limited recent experiences display and lack of navigation options. As seen in the image, I get random backup files and have to manually find older places I worked on, instead of having a comprehensive overview. An option to expand the recent experiences section or display more items would help.

• Efficient Publishing: Identifying the correct game to publish is hindered by compressed thumbnails and lack of sorting options, which slows down the development process. Compared to an alphabetical sort, this wastes time each time I publish.

^^ Compare this with the first image, the difference is insane.

By addressing these issues, developers can more effectively manage their projects, leading to increased productivity and a smoother development experience.

1 Like

^^ Game Icons in the Creator Hub, would also be a bit convenient