Easy gun engine [FREE]

easy gun engine

Easy gun engine is a simple and customizable gun system that i made as easy as possible to modify, integrate and upgrade. This engine is 100% open source and it comes with those features :

[FEATURE]

• Simple raycast system (no FastCast or other modules)
  • Projectile system (easy implementation of a projectile system)
  • Visuals system (easy and dynamic particles)
  • Animation support
  • Sound Support
  • Physics mode (change with ease between raycast and physics hit detection)

[PREVIEW]

UNDERCOVER 2 - Roblox Studio 2023-12-22 18-25-51

[DOWNLOAD]

Download free model

Download test place

[IMPORTANT]

In the customization part, do not set both useVisual and usePhysics to false else no method will be selected and the gun wont work.

If anyone has any feedback or suggestion lemme know!

Peace, gianfragolo :v:

19 Likes

Hi,

Pros and cons ?

Example place that is editable or rbxl file?

Gun and projectile tunable fearures ?

Thank

7 Likes

I wish there were clips and examples of it!

8 Likes

Well i already put all the pros and the features. ill add an .rbx file right now.

2 Likes

added them and also added test place with a full movment system (why not lol)

5 Likes

here’s my feedback and a few things I noticed after glossing over the code:

• I wouldn’t call this an “Engine” or “System”
  • there are a bunch of memory leaks.
  • the “system” is very rudimentary and lacks customizability and an efficient way to create a new weapon or weapon type.
    (E.g: if you wanted to make another pistol you would have to copy and paste all of your code.)
  • the projectile being on the server is 1, inefficient, and 2, laggy. There is a visible delay when shooting.
  • there is a lack of customizability with projectiles
  • instead of this being two variables you can just do the following:
  • there is a lack of error handling

you are creating variables that you already have

start of the script:image

A random function creating variables it already has:

I could probably go on but I wouldn’t advise using this in a finished game.

7 Likes

Well thanks for the negative feedback, here’s a few answers to those problems : first, i uploaded to the forum this code just a few hours ago and i still need to fix one or two things. Second, you noticed that there many useless variables and my code is not really doing the best job; there’s a quite simple answer : I still didn’t implement OOP in this resource. In fact im probably gonna make a polished version of this (kinda messy) resource into one organized module script. Lastly i wanted to say that this resource is indeed to learn from it, not to use it in a finished game, or at least not without some more functions.

7 Likes

How is one meant to learn from a resource that is flawed, Either way, I wish you luck on the polished version, Creating systems is satisfying.

4 Likes

If you can identify the flaws, you can learn how it could be constructed in a better way, and challenge yourself to improve it, if you have the time.

8 Likes

Just some things id like to point out:

You shouldve waited until you finished the polished version before uploading this as a community resource

Beginners shouldnt be learning messy code, because they may look at messy parts of this and not know any better but to think its right.

You may want to put a disclaimer that this is still in an early state and not recommended for use yet. Although dont let this get you down, the system looks cool, but just needs some improvement.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for all the feedbacks; when i have time i will delete this resource asap from the forum. If you’re reading this DO NOT use this engine. @baseparts @TheNamesLua @EvilVSCPlays

2 Likes

Thanks, from now on i will only use this ironically

2 Likes

Yeah… i mean you can use this if you need to test something and need a quick gun for that. Now im working on a destruction physics system. Ill make sure to release a polished version in the first place.

1 Like

do you want credit? what sentence do i have to put into the game’s description?

2 Likes

Well, first thanks for choosing my system, and for the credit you can simply write “gun engine by gianfragolo”.

1 Like

ok i will credit you, btw projectiles take time to start moving and take time to get destroyed because of the other lines in the codes, i modified it very much but still look bad

1 Like

please add first person arms thingy thing