Easy Tennis Game

Hi all,

I’ve just released a tennis game yesterday and I would like feedback on the gameplay and how easy it is to understand. I’m looking forwards to push more updates to make the game more enjoyable, I’m open to any criticism.

When you’re alone in a server, you play against a bot (I should probably nerf the bot). When a player joins mid-game, he has the option to join the match after a point has been scored to avoid long boring waits. I have tried 1v1s with people and it’s pretty fun. However, due to lack of players, I have never tried a full 2v2 game.

:tennis: Play: Tennis Strikers - Roblox

Thanks in advance!

12 Likes

The game is beyond amazing! I have no recommendations, except the spawn of the ball, as in tennis, players hit the ball behind the line at the far base.

1 Like

loved every second of playing it

2 Likes

The game was quite fun with another player! :slight_smile: The only issue I have with the game is the delay of the hit animation and the over saturation.

4 Likes

Very fun although u should addd an easy mode and hard mode and medium mode

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by difficulty settings as I’m focusing more on player against player instead of bots. However I should definitely reduce the bot’s difficulty since they’re too OP lol.

Yes I think the bots are good just there just a little hard

I played the game and it is very good! Although I did notic a few things.

1. I didn’t figure out that I could shoot the ball in the direction of my mouse for about 3 minutes
  2. The npc is insanely hard to beat.
  3. The GUI is not glaring enough, I can barley see it.
  4. I don’t know if it’s a glitch or something but everything takes about 1 second to register which is REALLY annoying.

Other than that, it is a great game that could have potential! Great work!

edit; I just realized, I hate the pink skybox. Nothing personal dude. I just hate it lol

1 Like

My review (the best review)

Good game. I know it’s supposed to be like real tennis but I feel the rounds are too long at it gets boring before someone reaches 11 points. Maybe add a mode where it ends at a lower amount of points. Don’t nerf the bot, I think the bot is just right, if you make the bot too easy then it’ll be boring. Maybe add walking animations for moving sideways because the player is moving sideways the whole time but the walking animation is for walking forward. Lastly, keep the bright colours as unpleasing as they are to us DevForum users, because your game will mostly be played by younger children like most games in roblox, and most games have that saturation and it seems to be successful. if you read my review then thanks for reading. 7.8/10 - very good game but gets repetitive

2 Likes

The only issue I have with the game is the delay of the hit animation

@Crazedbrick1 I have made sure to preload the animations when the player joins to avoid that visual bug.

1. The npc is insanely hard to beat.

@JamminRedPandaMan I have nerfed the bot. Now you should be able to have a fair game against the bot if you know what you’re doing. I made sure it’s not too easy either :joy:

1. I don’t know if it’s a glitch or something but everything takes about 1 second to register which is REALLY annoying.

If you’re talking about the ball bouncing on the floor, it’s to avoid the game resetting before the ball has even landed. If you’re talking about hitting the ball with the racket, it has been fixed! :slightly_smiling_face:

I hate the pink skybox.

honestly same. but for some reason i dont wanna change it.

very good game but gets repetitive

@Saturnius I have filled the shop with accessories that you can buy with coins by scoring points and winning games to make the game more grindy.

1 Like

It’s very good game since I have played Tennis when I was in High School. I was wondering if you can add a tennis racket skin customization feature. (very optional)

1 Like

That’s a good idea. VIP owners already get a free shiny gold racket skin so I’m afraid adding a racket shop would reduce the VIP gamepass’ worth.

1 Like