Easy-To-Implement Features to Improve Group Communication

As a Roblox developer/player, it is currently too hard to effectively communicate with a group audience.

Now, I understand that pushing updates to the site can be time-consuming, and in an effort to get something like this out as fast as possible, I have simplified these changes as best I can.

1. Increase the max shout size. 255 characters is nowhere near enough for fitting in changelogs, official group announcements, etc. I’d recommend about a thousand characters max. The ability to make multiline posts would also be nice, but if that’s implemented, I think a 30-line limit would be necessary to prevent spam.

2. Shouts should auto-post to group wall as well. It’s a quick and effective way of guaranteeing that everyone can read the message, even if the shout is changed before they get around to it. These wall posts can only be deleted by people with the ability to change the shout. The user under which the post is listed as would be whoever originally made the shout.

3. Increase description text limit, and remove Read More button. The group description does, admittedly, hold a decent amount of text, but nothing major. I’d recommend extending it to 5k+ characters to allow creators to fully explain their group. Additionally, the Read More button should be replaced with a scrollbar to allow more intuitive use.

If this issue was addressed in the form of these changes, it would clear up the majority of concern over the removal of the ROBLOX forums. The sooner something like this is pushed to the site, the better.

If you have any of your own suggestions, leave 'em below!

17 Likes

I’d like to see things like
Pinned wall posts
Scheduled shouts
Personal moderation for group walls (blacklist, toggle options for repeated posts, posts by same user per x minutes, etc
Some sort of Staff chat, right now I’m using external sources (discord) to communicate to my staff as a group, because roblox doesn’t give the tools I feel I need.

But I like your ideas very much

3 Likes