Easy way to attach tools to an armature rig?

I was reading up on one post about this, but it seems a bit complex for me to follow, was something about importing the mesh in blender and manually attaching it using bones. Not exactly sure how I’d go about doing that.

I also heard Roblox was planning on making changes to this so it’s easier, but there’s no definite endpoint to that, which leads me to come up with my own implementation.

Any ideas?? Thanks.

I’m pretty sure Roblox has a post on this, where they tell you how to add attachments to your mesh rig in blender. I’ll look for it if you need

I have it here"

in the Attachments section, it tells you how, maybe not what you’re looking for but it is the best way to do it.

1 Like

So I’m reviving this post because I’m struggling trying to figure out what I can do.

Roblox supposedly said they’re working on this but who knows when or even if they’ll release it soon.

Any ideas?? Thanks.

Assuming I don’t run into issues working with this, I think I’ve found a pretty clean solution.

I was able to get my tool to move with the AI and its animations by using this property on the relative bone:

I’d probably throw it in a RenderStepped locally for the most seamless updates, as it’s pretty choppy doing it server-sided as its CFrame basically gets set each frame.

Hope this helps anyone else with similar issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a good way to do it the meanwhile, I hope Roblox makes it so attachments set in blend actually follow the mesh and not just stay static.

1 Like